Hairdressers in Zuffenhausen area

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

So after the last post, we got a flat in Zuffenhausen! Yay! We're in the process of moving.

I'd like to get my hair permed at a salon where the hairdressers preferably speak English and is relatively affordable.  I know the title says Zuffenhausen area but I'm okay with travelling a bit. 

Thanks in advance :)

Hairdressers in Germany often have punning English names, you could try ringing a few on the telephone. Not sure about specific hairdressing vocabulary, though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to Stuttgart - congrats on getting a flat, Zuffenhausen is a nice area to live. :)

Not in Zuffenhausen, and not entirely sure about her English skills (I speak German with her), but I can highly recommend my hairdresser: Michaela Bronner (google "Friseurin Michaela Stuttgart). Her salon is a one-woman operation, on Heilbronner Straße and 2 minutes walk from the Löwentorbrücke U-Bahn stop (or 5 minutes from the S-Bahn stop Nordbahnhof), so on the main U-Bahn/S-Bahn route between Zuffenhausen and Hauptbahnhof. If you need more info, please feel free to PM me.

I haven't had a perm myself, but her handiwork I've seen on others looks good. I have really fine hair and not a lot of it, and she's a haircut genius - I would trust her to do a good job with perms as well. Best thing is, her prices are amazingly low for Stuttgart (I paid 27 Euros yesterday for a wash and cut). 

On 23/07/2021, 14:39:09, the.frollein said:

Hi and welcome to Stuttgart - congrats on getting a flat, Zuffenhausen is a nice area to live. :)

Not in Zuffenhausen, and not entirely sure about her English skills (I speak German with her), but I can highly recommend my hairdresser: Michaela Bronner (google "Friseurin Michaela Stuttgart). Her salon is a one-woman operation, on Heilbronner Straße and 2 minutes walk from the Löwentorbrücke U-Bahn stop (or 5 minutes from the S-Bahn stop Nordbahnhof), so on the main U-Bahn/S-Bahn route between Zuffenhausen and Hauptbahnhof. If you need more info, please feel free to PM me.

I haven't had a perm myself, but her handiwork I've seen on others looks good. I have really fine hair and not a lot of it, and she's a haircut genius - I would trust her to do a good job with perms as well. Best thing is, her prices are amazingly low for Stuttgart (I paid 27 Euros yesterday for a wash and cut). 

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I will definitely give her a call. Like you, I also have a deficiency in the follicular department. Hopefully she will have some advice about what to do with it. 

Just to update this in case others are looking for an English-speaking hairdresser: Frau Bronner's English is "not great" (her words were: "das ist schwierig") - so you would need to speak at least enough German to be able to describe what you want her to do to your hair. 

Sorry about that, she genuinely is a great hairdresser!