Illegals being trafficked downstairs - landlady useless

79 posts in this topic

Next time it is noisy late at night simply phone the police and ask them to come and tell you neighbours to be quiet,.If there is anything illegal going on the police may spot it or it will most likely scare them off.

Just now, keith2011 said:

Next time it is noisy late at night simply phone the police and ask them to come and ask you neighbours to be quiet.If there is anything illegal going on the police may spot it or it will most likely scare them off.

Great idea Keith, is it possible to do so anonymously? 

1 minute ago, Alakhiin said:

Hardly seeing you are the only other resident in the property!

Just now, keith2011 said:

Hardly seeing you are the only other resident in the property!

I do have other houses nearby...but yes I suppose so, think I will just have to bite the bullet on that one.

2 minutes ago, Alakhiin said:

Even if you could complain anonymously, I think with only 2 apartments in the building they will figure out who complained.  As far as I see, you have two options.  Leave or wait for them to leave.  Even with a few noise complaints, it will likely not change anything for you.  I don't know if they are doing anything illegal and neither does the police.  The landlady even if she wanted to kick them out probably lacks legal grounds to do that at this point as they are paying their rent.  One thing you could do is ask the landlady to set up a 2nd mail box so you can get your mail.

Just now, LeonG said:

Even if you could complain anonymously, I think with only 2 apartments in the building they will figure out who complained.  As far as I see, you have two options.  Leave or wait for them to leave.  Even with a few noise complaints, it will likely not change anything for you.  I don't know if they are doing anything illegal and neither does the police.  The landlady even if she wanted to kick them out probably lacks legal grounds to do that at this point as they are paying their rent.  One thing you could do is ask the landlady to set up a 2nd mail box so you can get your mail.

It seems a matter of attrition at this point Leon, and after a year of it or so now I'm just tired of night rolling round and listening to every creak in the house. The fact is as you say, nothing will change with a slap on the wrist for a noise complaint. 

The second mail box shouldn't be an issue; I can ask for that sure. 

32 minutes ago, Alakhiin said:

Oh? I wasn't aware given it's on my property? I will look into the legality of it, thank you Luna.

You may video your property until the cows come home.  You can not video common ground, public spaces or other peoples property.  For example, you may video your garden if it's your private garden but the video can not capture any part of the sidewalk or neighbours garden.

I'd move. Life is too short to be putting up with or fighting a situation like this when the landlady doesn't want to help. Best you can get is lower rent but that isn't going to make your life any better.

2 hours ago, Alakhiin said:

Hi all,

I have made this account just to post here and ask what to do about all of this.

Also, you said you created your account to post about this, you created your account on the 27th January. Now I'm not calling BS but if do things like that people are going to call BS at some pint.

3 hours ago, Alakhiin said:

but out of interest for my safety I installed a camera at the foot of my door to watch those coming and going from the front entrance.

You call other people illegals, now you admit breaking the law yourself.

Pot kettle...

11 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You call other people illegals, now you admit breaking the law yourself.

Pot kettle...

I've looked it up, it's not in view of a public place, so it's all good thank you.

38 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

I'd move. Life is too short to be putting up with or fighting a situation like this when the landlady doesn't want to help. Best you can get is lower rent but that isn't going to make your life any better.

Also, you said you created your account to post about this, you created your account on the 27th January. Now I'm not calling BS but if do things like that people are going to call BS at some pint.

I appreciate the honesty cb, I'm on immobilenscout as we speak. And yes, the account was set up following advice from an expat colleague but I think I've logged in twice at this point. Today and when the account was confirmed way back when. This is my only post, aha.  

@Alakhiin - don't take it personally - there is a bit of small town mentality on TT and the "welcoming committee" has arrived.    😇

Over twenty years ago, i took a train from Istanbul to Budapest, passing through Romania and Bulgaria when the borders were still in place.   I won't say anything more about the details, but your story makes sense to me. 

Good luck with a resolution. 

@balticus thankyou for your sincere words, and to those who have offered their advice thank you as well. Seems I've hit a nerve with some.

I Was warned prior to signing up that there are some here who just want to gatekeep and stir the pot, but what doesn't kill you I suppose. I think the best resolution is to make peace with the fact I'm not happy here, and so I should make an active effort to find somewhere better. Was good while it lasted; I'm ever so close to work aha.

4 minutes ago, Alakhiin said:

Seems I've hit a nerve with some.

It's not a "nerve."  You come in here and equate Romanians with refugees with illegals and have zero proof or explanation.

And your problems are just starting when balticus of all people is the first to rush to your aid in your xenophobia against your neighbors.

Well, I keep an eye on my psychopathic  neighbour ( as I very speak ). I have stored a couple of short videos on my SmartPhone just in case. 

The kind of guy who holds a hammer in his hand with a scowl when he wants to make a point.

Ok, in Greece and I don't care about the law on privacy. Or even know it.  He is a ticking time bomb and no - the police will not be involved.

The locals will sort him out when the time comes. He is universally hated. I am biding my time and not engaging. At least 3 years since we " spoke " and - no - don't suggest talking to the police in town.

This is Crete.

No Mieterverein! 😂

and when your other friend is john g., who's proven in the past he neither knows nor cares about the difference between psychopathy and schizophrenia, and thinks they should all be stoned to death more or less.

It's a real Mensa convention up in here.

3 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

It's not a "nerve."  You come in here and equate Romanians with refugees with illegals and have zero proof or explanation.

And your problems are just starting when balticus of all people is the first to rush to your aid in your xenophobia against your neighbors.

Goodness, still here Dessa? Perhaps it is a quiet night for you afterall. For the record, at no point did I equate nor stipulate, assume/presume or announce refugees = illegals. I'm going off of the words of my landlady and the Romanian licence plates, as that's all I have in terms of determining these strangers. 

I think you've a chip on your shoulder and I'm not to blame for that.

Just now, dessa_dangerous said:

your story changes every time you tell it and you have still neglected to explain how you know these people are "illegal."

I've explained enough times, if you're still not getting it I don't suspect you will; I really have tried to clarify. Given the circumstances I find it highly suspect given the timings of these people and the fact it's men or women in groups, or are you suggesting they're all on a rotating exercise regime starting before day break?

Is this how admins work here? Accuse the one asking for help?