Problems Installing COVpass app

25 posts in this topic

Thanks very much for replying, so I presume that the German Covpass app that I scanned the barcode into after having my 2 vaccinations is classed as an EU DCC.

It just seems strange that it's pretty well all written in German, which I could imagine causing a problem if shown to a non German speaker.

I know Germany is on the green list, but I will be travelling through France and Holland which are both amber.

On 14.7.2021, 09:46:20, lunasuenos said:

so tried to download this covpass app from koch institute via google play store..also tried another app to load the vaccination bar code. Both apps come up in google play that they can only be downloaded form germany. my google play account I guess is set to usa. I can see a greyed out field that says switch to germany which does not work. I have tried to change the country in google play via the process i found on the internet. nothing works. I tried to add a local credit card when I click on the tab it says it takes 48 hours but it never allows me the option to even add the credit card data which the process says is required. I will try not to rant here about another invasion of google into my personal life and why this app can not be installed directly from robert koch if they want to controll my life with this garbage for another time. I have read that others also cannot change the country as well with no solution that iI have seen. any ideas on how to proceed as I know in the future we wil lbe back to this ridiculus idea of a rapid tesst to go into anything but a grocery store and or carrying arround vaccination papers even if you have to wear a mask anyway. Any ideas here? anyone else have the same problem?

here's how I got around it: 

create a new Gmail address (and Google Account) in Germany, with your German address and phone number. (sort of like an "alter ego")

then just log into your phone with that new account - bingo! :)

I also found out that, once you have the app installed on your phone, the German Google account doesn't have to be logged in on the phone to receive updates for the app. 

If you add your vaccination certificates to the Corona Warn App (not CovPass App) and your App is in English, then it gives your details in English.

Be aware, if you have had 2 different vaccinations as I have (AZ and then BioNTech) the UK will require quarantine.

Exhales deeply. Rolls eyes heavenwards. Wonder what the justification is for that reasoning.

Many people are travelling to the UK now, and, as I have just been there, I've written a checklist based on my experience to help clear up the confusing information on those government and airline websites.