Is Implesstrasse a good area for a family with teens?

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking for apartments around Munich for me and my family, we are interested in a nice apartment near the sud bad.
I would like to know how the area is? and if you recommend it for a family with a girl teen?

I am mostly interested to know if there are drugs going around and how the environment is there.

Thank you,
Gloria

Afaid drugs is a problem everywhere. But otherwise unless you are at a busy junction I think it's  a good area

1 hour ago, ceogero said:

Afaid drugs is a problem everywhere. But otherwise unless you are at a busy junction I think it's  a good area

in Munich?

Sure, there’s drug trade and drug users here as anywhere else, but overall Munich is a very  safe, clean city. There are no bad residential areas to avoid at all costs here.

Yes, we don’t have something here like the Bahnhofviertel in Frankfurt. Implerstrasse itself is too busy and loud for me personally, but Sendling is fine. 

3 hours ago, mtbiking said:

Sure, there’s drug trade and drug users here as anywhere else, but overall Munich is a very  safe, clean city. There are no bad residential areas to avoid at all costs here.

I don't feel safe at all near Hauptbahnhof. I already saw a woman dying of overdose in broad daylight, I saw drug deals, I and others were physically assaulted by skinheads mid morning. Hotels after 8 don't open the door unless you shout your information and room number through the comms.

I'm in the provinces, so I don't know anything first hand.  But it looks like Implerstrasse is 4 lanes with parking.  that's a big street by German standards.  Probably also important (re drugs) to know what the scene at the anticipated school is.  e.g., Klenze Gymnasium.  But the character of any school can really change a lot between the class of 2021 and the class of 2024, depends what the kids in that year are like. 

I like the area around Implerstrasse. There’s a great taco place there (it might have moved). 

I wouldn’t consider it dangerous. I don’t consider a lot of parts in Germany very dangerous. I feel slightly uncomfortable around Bahnhof areas, but I’m from NY, so nothing seems bad here at all. Just use common sense and try to avoid places at night alone. 

2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I don't feel safe at all near Hauptbahnhof. I already saw a woman dying of overdose in broad daylight, I saw drug deals, I and others were physically assaulted by skinheads mid morning. Hotels after 8 don't open the door unless you shout your information and room number through the comms.

Yes, I thought about Hauptbahnof. It has always been a bit seedy there (like in other Hauptbahnof in cities across the country), but it's not really a residential area.

At Hbf-area, following languages are spoken (in sequential order):

1. Arab

2. Turkish

3. Serbian-Croatic

4. English

5. German

Thank you so much!! I appreciate all of your replies, they are very informative. 

Sure. It's a rather quiet place with many flats and families. It's nothing spectacular.