Advice regarding lying Vodafone technician

57 posts in this topic

A long time ago in a land far, far away. The morning after a particularly out-of-hand party, the doorbell rang. Out the side window I saw a middle-aged couple I didn't recognize holding a few nice little books. With the confidence of a lot of residual ... substances ... in my bloodstream, I opened the door and glared at them in all my naked glory. They stared at me and at the various equally naked people sleeping on the floor and said, "We'll come back later." Still waiting...

15 hours ago, john g. said:

Are you still naked?😂

Frequently, but glory is fleeting.

On 7/10/2021, 10:04:10, AlexTr said:

I am of Italian descent, but can pass for Turkish, Spanish, Greek, and Jewish. So, one day some Jehovah's Witnesses came by our place in Mannheim to talk about Jesus and I said, "We're Jewish." They apologized and left. I later found out they lived on our street. They never came back to see us, though.

We truly are kindred spirits. I did the exact same thing.

It helped that my former name, Rubin, was on the door. They never came back.

On 10.7.2021, 10:21:45, keith2011 said:

Same here, 2 nice, very hard to get rid of, JW old ladies who tried to convince me the world would end in 1974 (I have not been a teenager for a long time:D). I have always wondered how their faith survived the failed prediction. Thinking on it further though I guess JWs were just early conspiracy theorists, i.e. having unbreakable faith in something that has no logical basis!

Some things just never change.

On 7/7/2021, 9:35:55, catjones said:

So, a Deutche Bank agent stops by my house and says, "We've been acquired by Citibank.  I need to transfer your funds...".  I took a hit on that one but made it back when a Nigerian prince paid me millions as my share of a transaction.

Hahaha, to be fair all he did was offer us anything, just told us Vodafone was taking over and they have a little faster internet. so it wasn't crazy. We have had it before where our provider was upgrading the line, it didn't cost us anything.

On 7/7/2021, 10:07:43, cb6dba said:

I'm also a bit confused. Is this just for phone or also for internet?

Just internet

On 7/8/2021, 7:54:44, optimista said:

Nobody in Germany will ever just rock up in person wanting a signature before leaving without having contacted you by snail mail first.

It must be nice where you live.

On 7/9/2021, 8:05:49, Chelski said:

I never understand why anyone would open their door to someone they're not expecting.

Just let the door bell ring twice and they're gone.

Obviously if it rings more than twice it's probably the Police.

So it's a good idea to answer the door before they break it down.

I never understand why anyone would support Chelsea 

From a very disappointed Spurs supporter

1 minute ago, DazedundConfused said:

Just internet

Them I'm also confused.

Usually the ports at the IP side for DSL are with Telekom and have to be first released and then (don't ask my what this entails) given over to the new provider. This is why it (or at least what I was told) it takes ages to swap provider as the new one is always waiting for the old one to release the port).

It shouldn't be possible to have 2 providers for DSL.  

Cable is the same I think unless the actual cables are owned by one company. For example, vodafone are the only provider in our area as the cable seem to belong to them (or the box for the area does).

If you singed up for this via a cold call to your door then there should be a paper trail of who did it and they do not seem to have triggered the cancellation procedure. That maybe a the easy get out you need. 

On 7/10/2021, 9:04:16, LeonG said:

Reminds me of a story of a guy who had a visit from some Christian people wanting to save his soul.  He casually greeted them by saying that it's not a good time right now because he just killed the goat and the blood will dry in the pentagram if he doesn't get on with it.  Ironically he's just been painting some trim with red paint so he had red color on his hands and jeans.  The poor guys legged it out of there but came back with a group later to pray in front of his house.  He eventually had to call the police to get them to leave.

My dad used to just look over his shoulder and shout "Satan it's for you!" then look back at the people at the door and say "He's coming"

14 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

Them I'm also confused.

Usually the ports at the IP side for DSL are with Telekom and have to be first released and then (don't ask my what this entails) given over to the new provider. This is why it (or at least what I was told) it takes ages to swap provider as the new one is always waiting for the old one to release the port).

The one and only time I've changed providers in Germany, it took forever because I opted to keep my phone number.  After getting tired of waiting and asking them, they said as much and so I asked if I could just not take the phone number and they said sure, I could get hooked up right away then but it would be 70€ more because now I am no longer a customer switching over to them from the competition but a standard new customer.  I figured I already waited a bit so will wait it out.  Took 3 months.

22 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Them I'm also confused.

It shouldn't be possible to have 2 providers for DSL.  

Cable is the same I think unless the actual cables are owned by one company. For example, vodafone are the only provider in our area as the cable seem to belong to them (or the box for the area does).

If you singed up for this via a cold call to your door then there should be a paper trail of who did it and they do not seem to have triggered the cancellation procedure. That maybe a the easy get out you need. 

Thank you, we have requested copies of the paperwork that my wife supposedly signed. Obviously, they have claimed they did send us everything, but we don't have anything, and my wife is crazy about filing everything.

Ah, gaslighting - and your handle confirms it nicely.