Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Living choice: Baden baden vs Mannheim

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, looking for advice/suggestions. 

I am pretty much confused. I have got three job offers: One in Baden Baden, one in Mannheim and one in München. Considering I have only been to München, I can understand a bit how it would be like living there. Also, I have heard it is pretty much expensive.

What I have heard about Baden Baden from friends is that it is pretty lush, with a lot of spas and a lot of nature. I have never been to Mannheim but heard it is an industrial city. 

Do you guys have any suggestions about which place would be good to go for? I live alone, and want to live in a one Zimmer Wohnung if possible. But apart from that, is in pretty much deep water in case of making a choice.

Any suggestion/recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Vielen Dank im Voraus. :)

Baden Baden is a great place for a weekend.  I do have a German friend who doesn’t like it because it’s a bit touristy and there are supposedly many people from Russia there (not that that’s necessarily a bad thing).  But we had an unforgettable anniversary there.  

I haven’t been to Mannheim yet.  Munich is lovely, but so expensive.

I should choose BB, it has 55 000 inhabitants so is big enough to have everything one needs, I got the feeling it is a holiday-place even when one lives there. Has a bit of international flair and glamor too.

There are some nice restaurants there, too... and the famous Irish Roman baths, if you're into the nude spa thing.  They have a clothed spa next door, too.