vaccination experience

3 posts in this topic

yesterday we had our jabs. we went along well informed and also armed with a letter from my GP why I could not have one of the vaccinations due to allergies. I also have an infected tooth and i assumed the doctor would discuss this with me as i was feeling a little unwell. we knew from friends in various parts of Germany that we would fill out a form and have a chat with the doctor who would discuss the information on the forms and explain any misgivings that we had. My form had my allergy written in capital letters and my GP also explained in her letter that i had a severe allergy to one of the ingredients of one of the vaccinations.

Our reality was that once we were given the forms we were told to hurry up because the doctor was waiting. The couple that came after us were told that they could fill theirs in later.

when we eventually went into the cubicle there was no discussion, the doctor didn´t even look at the forms and i had to put my GP´s letter under his nose after i refused to remove my coat and roll up my sleeve. At that point he did go away to check my information and the other vaccination was brought in. we then went to collect out paperwork. All was good.  Afterwards we were told to sit for 10 minutes but there were no toilets that we could use. Shortly afterwards i started vomiting and struggling to breath. At this point i was told that i could sit outside and remove my mask which was a bit messy.

I agree with vaccination. We need to get back to reality. However everyone sitting in the room afterwards were shocked that they were being treated like cattle in a market. i live in a very rural area and people had to travel for some distance to get to the centre but we didn´t deserve that

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with your vaccination. I would assume that the doctor has a lot going on right now (still) and that he's forgetting to treat everyone with kindness, his days are probably just mechanical "go go go" where he establishes a routine and goes through it. 

I think if I had gone with my gp it would have been better. Sadly I have been very ill with various symptoms.  My gp thinks that I am reacting to one of the chemicals  in the vaccine.  however I will go ahead with my next one. I believe in the vaccination program,  I'm just one of the unlucky ones. Who knows number 2 maybe just fine