The end of private in-house caregiving

53 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, LeChamois said:

Nevertheless, the ruling is now that it is illegal and no other interpretation of the law would make any sense at all

Which why the law needs needs to be changed. If I were still living in Germany I'd contact my MP  about it and try to make others do the same. Or emigrate once I get old.

Good thing we don't live in the Federal Republic of Jeba. Socialized medicine can only go so far before it becomes an intolerable burden on the working population.

14 minutes ago, jeba said:

Or emigrate once I get old.

Didn't you already do that? Or do you not live on Cyprus now?

17 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Good thing we don't live in the Federal Republic of Jeba. Socialized medicine can only go so far before it becomes an intolerable burden on the working population.

Please explain what's the good part in forcing the elderly into nursing homes. Avoiding to become caregiving an intolarable burden is the whole point I'm making. How can you object to my suggestion and at the same time agree that there is no financially viable alternative

23 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Didn't you already do that? Or do you not live on Cyprus now?

Yes, I do. Which is why I wrote "if I were". And rulings like that will make sure I won't return. Because I know nursing homes from the inside as well.

52 minutes ago, jeba said:

Which is why I wrote "if I were".

Sorry, but you're doing it wrong. You can't use the conditional to describe something that's already fact.

And despite all your wailing, we all know you'll be back here the minute you think you need another vaccine dose or more competent medical care.

jeba gotta jeba.

7 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

And despite all your wailing, we all know you'll be back here the minute you think you need another vaccine dose or more competent medical care.

For sure.  Germany is a great place to be sick.  Good, well funded health care.  However, if you need nursing care, at home or in a nursing home, you are better off somewhere else.

@LeonG If you are self employed you need to factor in the cost for extra accommodation into your rates, the same as your employer does, there is really not any difference !

14 minutes ago, Marianne013 said:

@LeonG If you are self employed you need to factor in the cost for extra accommodation into your rates, the same as your employer does, there is really not any difference !

Sure.  And the guy from Bremerhaven who is not self employed takes the job because it pays better than what he can get at home.  Same with the caregiver from Romania.  

2 hours ago, LeonG said:

For sure.  Germany is a great place to be sick.  Good, well funded health care.  However, if you need nursing care, at home or in a nursing home, you are better off somewhere else.

Yup, the UK is not great either.

Did you see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?

That's my plan :lol:

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Sorry, but you're doing it wrong. You can't use the conditional to describe something that's already fact.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I could use the conditional because it is not a fact that I'm living in Germany.

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Of course, and I'd be fully within my rights to do so. But what does that have to do with the topic at hand? Which is that the elderly will now be forced to go into nursing homes - quite a life-changing change. You haven't come up yet with a solution how to prevent that.

32 minutes ago, jeba said:

Which is that the elderly will now be forced to go into nursing homes

non-existent nursing homes

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

non-existent nursing homes

Which adds more urgency to change the law. Cypriot law would be a good example of how it can be done.

Expect solutions involving automation and robotics.    Demographics almost everywhere will make it necessary.