Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

leaving job with holidays

7 posts in this topic

Hey, is there any difference between leaving the work in the first part of the year or the second part of the year regarding the vacation?

Not sure if it matters where is before end of June or 1st of July? Does this really matters?

normally no difference - you get the holiday days that you would have been assigned for the length of time that you actually work - if you work for three months, then you get a quarter of the total number , etc.

It could be that this is not the standard everywhere though...

If you leave before July 1st you are only getting the vacation you already earned. If you leave later you can ask for your full vacation for the year, however your new and old employer will talk and you will not get vacation earned in the new place if you already got it from the old place.

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

If you leave before July 1st you are only getting the vacation you already earned. If you leave later you can ask for your full vacation for the year, however your new and old employer will talk and you will not get vacation earned in the new place if you already got it from the old place.

Ok, so I guess in the end it does not matter if both employers have the same amount of holidays.

Just now, MaryLous said:

Ok, so I guess in the end it does not matter if both employers have the same amount of holidays.

Right.  You would benefit only if you are not going to be employed afterwards.  I don't even think you benefit from old employer giving more holidays because as far as I know, they are allowed to give you the minimum for the remainder of the year.

When you leave your present employment, you will be given an Urlaubsbescheingung which states how many days holiday you have taken with your present employer. You must give the next employer the Urlaubsbescheingung so  he/she can work out how many days holiday you may take according to your yearly legal entitlement.