Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for original magazine or digital front cover: Photo Revue May 1983 (5/83)

10 posts in this topic

I’d be very grateful for any help in finding either an original magazine or a digital image of the front cover.  I can’t see the date on the photo I have though guess between 1981 and 1984. Many thanks in anticipation.

98F97900-0A0E-488F-B71C-4018B254F979.jpe

Sorry, no idea how this posted twice...

Just to add...I now know that the publication date was May 1983. A collector who doesn’t have this copy advised that it would likely just be referred to as 5/83 that’s found in the inside cover.

Antiquariat Hennwack, Berlin, the biggest secondhand bookshop, has a lot of old magazines, you could ask if it is in stock there.

On 29/06/2021, 22:10:06, Fietsrad said:

Antiquariat Hennwack, Berlin, the biggest secondhand bookshop, has a lot of old magazines, you could ask if it is in stock there.

Thank you for the suggestion. No luck there unfortunately.

The young lady on the front cover is a family member and she’d be thrilled if an original magazine could be found as her copy was lost.  It would mean so much to her. Or, if anyone owns the magazine in a collection though doesn’t want to sell it, then an a high resolution photo file of the cover would be great. 

There are lots for sale online though just not this one...yet. I’ve written to lots of sellers and some photography clubs to no avail. Looks like I’m searching for a nearly 40 year old needle in a haystack!  

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.  I think the publisher would be good...I hadn’t figured which company had taken over so thanks for that. I’ve tried ZVAB...not sure if it’s the same as your link. I’ll have a look.

I got in touch with the chap in Austria last week.  He was very nice and checked his collection over the weekend.  He emailed me today....other 1983 editions, just not the one I’m looking for!  

Thanks again.

A very big thank you to you @anne k. The library database link was great!  Copies are winging their way to us via inter library loans.  Maybe we’ll find a copy to buy one day though the loan for our hoped for surprise is great! 

Many thanks again :)