Letter: "Anhörung im Ordnungswidrigkeitenverfahren Schule anzumelden"

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I have received a letter from the Schulamt that looks very serious. It sounds like a court hearing  for the reason of not registering my daughter for school “anhörung im ordnungswidrigkeitenverfahren schule anzumelden”. 

The story began in May when I have received a letter from the school in our neighborhood, I called them back and I apologized for not being able to attend because I will be on travel, I asked for a second appointment and they said that they will send it by post. I came back and for few weeks I received nothing, I had to send them an email as a reminder, and I got a quick appointment the following day. I went with the papers needed, my daughter sat with the head teacher and at the end I asked if my daughter could attend a German Vorlaufkurse. It was all good until I received this worrisome "anhörung" letter today 4 weeks after school visit and registration.

I have forgot to mention that I have also received an invitation for the German Vorlaufkurse from the same school upon my request as I mentioned earlier.

What am I missing here? do you think there is an easy way to clear this misunderstanding and since this reads like a court hearing, do I need a lawyer?

Thank you!

M

I would probably contact the school and/or the Schulamt first, but I haven't dealt with this type of thing before. Someone else may know more.

I would also go to the school and ask what you (they, but don't actually say that!) have missed. They forgot to send you the second appointment until you emailed them, they have probably forgotten to send the paperwork to the Amt to mark you as registered for school.

Hopefully. 

10 hours ago, moeg said:

It sounds like a court hearing

Don't worry, it isn´t. The Schulamt isn´t a court.´Worst case they can issue a fine (up to about € 1000 if you had indeed failed to send your daughter to school). My guess is that if you explain your case to them (and can prove that you actually reminded them of that you wanted an appointment), nothing will happen.

What kiplette and jeba says. The Anhörung is for you to explain to the Schulamt why your daughter isn't registered. Obviously the school messed things up. Contact the school and they might clear things up with the Schulamt themselves so that maybe the Anhörung is cancelled. 

It's not a court hearing but it is the first step in an official proceeding against you by the Ordnungsbehörde. You need to take this seriously. I would also start by calling the school. However independently of what the school says you should explain your position in the Anhörung otherwise they might fine you. Collect some evidence as well. 

Just out of interest, is your child already of compulsory  school age and has now missed several months of schooling? 

1 hour ago, Feierabend said:

Just out of interest, is your child already of compulsory  school age and has now missed several months of schooling? 

Thanks for the reply. The notice/haring I got is for school year 2022-2023. My child is 5 and half and she already attending a private kindergarten where she will stay for another year until she becomes the compulsory school age.

Surely in Hessen Schulpflict is when child has turned 6 before 30 June.  Which would make the whole thing even odder.

Gosh, this is puzzling! I know things vary from state to state but I just looked up Brandenburg's requirenents which say that the registration for the coming year 2021-22 was due in February '21.

So you're being told that you should have registered a year and a half in advance!? I hope it gets sorted out painlessly.

edir typo

I had to go through a Anhörung after a bike accident and it didn’t lead to anything - case closed. Since you don’t believe you’re at fault I wouldn’t worry, just be concise and truthful and give them nothing to pick on: don’t volunteer unasked information. If your German is not up to it or even for moral support get someone to go with you. I went with my wife.