8 posts in this topic

Hi my dad has been wanting to find a new tennis partner for quite a while so I thought I might as well campaign for him here. He likes alternative music and he also really likes star war. He speaks Spanish, German, and English fluently but has trouble finding tennis partners because he works from home. If anyone feels like playing tennis with him please let me know. :) 

Finding tennis (or other sports) partners can be dangerous.

This reminds me of my early times in Hamburg at the DESY lab when the German technician (who subsequently introduced me to gliding) asked if any of my colleagues would give him a game of squash.  I asked around & Phd student Barry (RIP) agreed.  Barry wiped the floor with the German guy (could have ruined that friendship).  Turned out that Barry's father was or had been a trainer to the English team...

Barry subsequently climbed to be very close to the top of the squash ladder at the nearby sports centre.

Sport can be tricky as you get older.

I cycle a good 50+ kms a week and still managed to twist my knee when getting up out of the chair a few weeks ago :lol:

I'd also guess it's tricky to find tennis partners as you'd need to find someone who is kind of as good as you are. Otherwise it's going to get boring.

Still, if your dad likes Picard, Janeway, Sisko and the like, I'm sure he'll get on fine with other Star Wars fans.

I was never keen on Squash, to much of a racket with the ball in the court...

2 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Sport can be tricky as you get older.

I cycle a good 50+ kms a week and still managed to twist my knee when getting up out of the chair a few weeks ago :lol:

I'd also guess it's tricky to find tennis partners as you'd need to find someone who is kind of as good as you are. Otherwise it's going to get boring.

Still, if your dad likes Picard, Janeway, Sisko and the like, I'm sure he'll get on fine with other Star Wars fans.

I was never keen on Squash, to much of a racket with the ball in the court...

yeah I totally feel you! I still have to check with the parents of my friends but I'm sure he'll find someone ^_^

He could look for a tennis club and find some people there.  My boss plays and even when he's just on a project in some town for a few months, he's quickly found a club and some people to play against.

30 minutes ago, LeonG said:

He could look for a tennis club and find some people there.  My boss plays and even when he's just on a project in some town for a few months, he's quickly found a club and some people to play against.

Tennis club is the best way, why have just one tennis partner what he can have a few. 

Bound to be some kind of science fiction group around as well. 

13 hours ago, cb6dba said:

star-wars-vs-star-trek.jpg.8c66ffbe2da83

4 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

star-wars-vs-star-trek.jpg.8c66ffbe2da83

What? They've missed Wilma Deering off that chart.. :ph34r:

Who is that next to Worf?