Euro 2020 and 2021

368 posts in this topic

By the way, my intuition tells me it will be 2-0 tonight but I don't know which team will be the winner!馃槖

Anyone else with a prediction?

I will be going up to the village square to watch the match. I may be the only foreigner that interested. My Dutch friends are there every evening but hate football, a couple of German friends will be there but they hate football and the English couple Stan and Van are massive football fans but may watch from home up in the mountains.

I watched Italy - Spain in a Biergarten...too messy, too uncomfy, too noisy, too schlect food.聽

Today I will watch the match at my place sweet place.

7 hours ago, dstanners said:

I agree it's annoying, but it is absolutely not unique to England. Even in the other semi-final the Italians boo-ed whenever Spain had the ball. I'm hoping for an England win of course, but I reckon the fans would need a decent set of lungs if they are seriously going to boo all the time Italy has the ball tonight!

There has been an awful lot of anti-English sentiment in the media here and even on this site: yes the "En-ger-land" fans are a pain in the ar$e, but they really aren't the majority, and far from the only supporters to make derogatory and offensive chants.聽Likewise, Sterling "diving" after minimal contact in the penalty area: it has been a good 30 years since the days when British players didn't dive, and I can't think of any international team which doesn't have a good share of players who do exactly the same (or worse)...anyway, just a few more hours. Come on England.聽

聽聽

With all the talk about English politeness, I don鈥檛 see any of it throughout the Euro games. Fans from聽other countries didn鈥檛 boo so consistently as the English.聽
I think they鈥檒l win though. The team has been performing聽so well so far. Too bad the fans and media are so rude.

6 hours ago, Keleth said:

He麓s got someway to go to match the Italian forwards.

Oh ffs someone else who thinks this is an "English thing".

I singled English fans聽out because it was so outstanding. Otherwise I鈥檇 have never noticed it.

At the square here. The taverna guy couldn't get his act together with the telly. Then did it in c. the third minute. And England had scored! Missed the goal!馃槀

52 minutes ago, desdemona said:

With all the talk about English politeness, I don鈥檛 see any of it throughout the Euro games. Fans from聽other countries didn鈥檛 boo so consistently as the English.聽
I think they鈥檒l win though. The team has been performing聽so well so far. Too bad the fans and media are so rude.

That's nothing new. The english pretty much behave like this at every tournament. Everyone I know througout europe is rooting for Italy because England has the worse聽fans.

During high school and college I worked at football games selling beer and so on. There were special security measures in place whenever an English team was playing. For example, only alcohol free beer was sold and no stand was allowed to be staffed by聽females only. These measures only ever needed to be in place for English teams.

1-1. Italy deserved the equalizer. Exciting match.

Edit: now penalties. Oh boy.

Edit 2:聽Both Rashford and Sancho missed. They were not in the match at all, not even warm.聽

1 hour ago, vronchen said:

That's nothing new. The english pretty much behave like this at every tournament. Everyone I know througout europe is rooting for Italy because England has the worse聽fans.

During high school and college I worked at football games selling beer and so on. There were special security measures in place whenever an English team was playing. For example, only alcohol free beer was sold and no stand was allowed to be staffed by聽females only. These measures only ever needed to be in place for English teams.

But in the end the English fans are quiet. Yessss!!! 馃嚠馃嚬 馃嚠馃嚬 馃嚠馃嚬聽

Like the German commentator said, Football's not coming home, it's going to Rome聽:D

The hand that held the dagger kicked the winning goal.

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

Like the German commentator said, Football's not coming home, it's going to Rome聽:D

And they say Germans don't have a sense of humour. (sic)

14 minutes ago, Frantic said:

Actually it's Bonucci who said that in front of a cam

I'm sure a lot of people thought of it.聽 The German commentator first聽said it during the game.聽 He said either it's going home or to Rome.聽

A just about deserved win for Italy,shame it went to penalties though.As soon as they pulled it back to 1-1 I sort of knew they would win.

9 hours ago, desdemona said:

With all the talk about English politeness, I don鈥檛 see any of it throughout the Euro games.

I麓m sorry I still find聽it incredible that someone gets upset about fans booing the opposition.Booing the anthem is out of order but jesus thinking it is impolite to boo the opposition shows that you麓ve absolutely no idea about any sort of professional sport.

You will also notice that when the fans start booing the opposition it is usually because the opposition are聽 starting to get the upper hand.

As to England being the worst fans I don麓t think that is actually true nowadays (70麓s and 80麓s definitely so).Serbia,Russia,Holland,Turkey,Argentina and yes even Italy and more would argue with your point there.Many of the worst fans tend not to surface at international games but more at club games when travelling abroad and many East European teams are known and have been often fined for constant racial abuse of opposition and even their own players.But hey whats a bit of racism聽compared to booing yer.

Crying little German girl has been avenged, justice is served.

Disappointed, of course馃槖

We can argue till the cows come home about substitutions or not and when and penalties and all the rest of it.

Italy deserve credit and are worthy champions.