Euro 2020 and 2021

368 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

He´s got someway to go to match the Italian forwards.

Oh ffs someone else who thinks this is an "English thing".

Brilliant😂

Prima donna!!

The song for him:

😂

4 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Don't think cheating or booing players for no reason is an exclusively English thing. Just needs to be called out wherever it happens.  

6 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Lest we forget THE biggest footballing cheat on the planet.  Can you imagine this fairy on a rugby pitch. :lol:

Any of you mob every watched your national team away from home? There! Not on the telly!  Fun stories ( or otherwise)?

1 hour ago, dstanners said:

it has been a good 30 years since the days when British players didn't dive, and I can't think of any international team which doesn't have a good share of players who do exactly the same (or worse)...anyway, just a few more hours. Come on England. 

This is probably why I can't take football/soccer seriously. A sport (or let's say, particular leagues, i.e. most European and Latin America ones, and in North America too, not as sure about elsewhere but probably...) where faking injury and general dramatics is not only tolerated but widely expected and celebrated is, to me anyway, just kinda pathetic. They might as well don big bouffant powder wigs and stick a broom between their legs making clip clop sounds when they jog around with runny coke noses, it's just as ridiculous. I can't explain just how much it totally deflates the (televised big league versions of the) sport for me.

There, I said it. 

But if you're into it, cool, enjoy, I don't begrudge anyone else. 

26 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

I've ordered pineapple on pizza in fully authentic Italian restauarants many a time.  Didn't realise there was some kind of tabu. 

Ditto. Also in Italy. I once asked an Italian pizzeria worker (young guy working the till, who spoke very good English, at a small town "traditional" sort of pizza place) what he thought about pineapple on pizza, because in the Anglo world at least it was a popular badge of pizza snobbery. He shrugged and said basically even if it wasn't traditional, he had no problems, except he would prefer not to use low quality canned stuff but fresh actual sliced up fruit. 

1 hour ago, john g. said:

And they smoke all the weed, Luke😂

That explains a lot. Once, I visited a local match in Montevideo in the famous Centannario stadium where the first world cup in 1930 was held. The fans were singing 90 minutes straight. The singing was more important than watching the game 😳. I was the gringo. 

Ha Luke! I once watched  Boca Juniors against Independiente in Buenos Aires ( fortunately with an Argentine friend!). I think it was the Cup Final. I probably permanently suffered from partial loss of hearing as a consequence! It was loud!!😂

I was also the token gringo!!

Found it:

Have to laugh! No sound!!😂

PS: it wasn't a Cup Final.

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Any of you mob every watched your national team away from home? There! Not on the telly!  Fun stories ( or otherwise)?

Yer the 1988 Euros which was my 1st ever visit to Germany.

Shite football from England but we had fun.yer was a few muppets (hooligans) there as well.

Was a nasty atmosphere on the way to the England vs Holland game and then we got stuffed by them with a Van Basten hattrick.

13 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Was a nasty atmosphere on the way to the England vs Holland game and then we got stuffed by them with a Van Basten hattrick.

Remember that game. England completely played into Holland's hands. Big England defenders like Tony Adams  were used to heading long high balls away all day, so Holland exploited their lack of mobility and played it in behind them. Van Basten, who was a master at dribbling around defenders, had a field day. 

10 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Makes me proud.

Arse-nal supporters, right? They don't call 'em the Gunners for naught.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I never understood all the fake rolling involved. Like there is no such thing as physics.:)

Roll another one.. just like the other one!!😂

We put a Gerrman flag and an English flag in our windows. The German flag has vanished (ha ha) but I am proud to say my English flag is still hanging there. 

Mostly English, Frantic! The other Brits are probably all on an Italian forum right now😂