Euro 2020 and 2021

368 posts in this topic

That's his real name! It means All Saints! Quite a common male name on Crete, which is very Greek Orthodox. Mates shout out Gioti as a short form! 

So: " Saint!" ( Bit like Jimmy Greaves and Ian St John way back then on the telly!)

( followed by " bring me a beer, please!")

😂

By the way, given the grub he serves, it is not the side effect of diarrhoea.. but the cause!😂

( I mean, Spain does tapas, Greece does mezes... and in our local village that includes... snails.😖😩) and, as is often the case in Med cultures, they tend to serve food luke warm. And there's nothing worse than a bored- looking snail who doesn't know if he/she/it/ add fluid gender is edible or not!

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

That's his real name! It means All Saints! Quite a common male name on Crete, which is very Greek Orthodox. Mates shout out Gioti as a short form! 

So: " Saint!"

( followed by " bring me a beer, please!")

😂

By the way, given the grub he serves, it is not the side effect of diarrhoea.. but the cause!😂

John, mate, I am looking forward to reading your memoirs when you eventually decide to get off your fat arse and write them! 

:lol:

58 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The big difference here, is that the hand of god goal happened in 1986 and you lot are still not over it.

Denmark will probably be over the non existent penalty in about a week.

Talking of getting over it, how far did your team get again? 

Did they qualify this time around? :lol:

Who are you supporting in the final?

5 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

John, mate, I am looking forward to reading your memoirs when you eventually decide to get off your skinny arse and write them! 

- fixed it for you!

Back on topic - it´s pretty clear that "we" are going to win!!!

6 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

John, mate, I am looking forward to reading your memoirs when you eventually decide to get off your fat arse and write them! 

I have a very slim arse and elderly ladies shout out " whoah, look at that slim arse " as I slither past them on the non-existent pavements in Cretan villages😂, narrowly missing speeding male car drivers with their Napoleonic complexes!😂

And before I bump into a nasty, prickly branch of some tree planted in the middle of a pavement- just the right place to be to make life difficult for young mothers with their prams and 69 year old one-eyed Southend United supporters!!!

Hope the outstanding issues are minor blip!  And hope puppy ok. We will all be watching on Sunday- but my feeling is that Italy will prevail.

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The big difference here, is that the hand of god goal happened in 1986 and you lot are still not over it.

Denmark will probably be over the non existent penalty in about a week.

Somehow I get the feeling Denmark will forget about the penalty in a week or so but YOU won't!😂

Anyway, I remember THIS in ancient history! And Scotland really had some fabulous players- they really did.❤️ Law, Baxter etc.. jeez...

https://youtu.be/BSfA7xxBM3w

It’s official: Dutch referee Kuipers is getting the final. Dutch referees everywhere :).

PS- I think that England got the penalty, because Kane fell in the box before: 1+1=2.

And how, pray tell, does Robbo know you've got a skinny arse? 

:wub:

43 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

- fixed it for you!

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

I have a very slim arse and elderly ladies shout out " whoah, look at that slim arse " as I slither past them on the non-existent pavements in Cretan villages😂

John, that's actually sexual harassment.

Oooh, I would love to be sexually harassed!

Only by (fit) girls, mind. 

40 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

We will all be watching on Sunday- but my feeling is that Italy will prevail.

Italy will prevail? 

Honestly, they will cry like women!

England 3 -1 Italy 

10 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

PS- I think that England got the penalty, because Kane fell in the box before: 1+1=2.

You know what, I thought that even though it is crazy talk.

The ref dropped a bollock and thought, well, I might as well give them a pen. 

My harem knows me well, hellfire. Just need to convince Alex and Dessa (well, sometimes!😂). They take my tongue in cheek comments too seriously sometimes! 😩

Ok, I know... have just dropped another double entendre... I will be condemned and crucified!😒😩

Just wondering why anyone would ever put their tongue in their cheek.

17 hours ago, alexunterwegs said:

For me it should be first and foremost a sporting celebration. Nations coming together and doing their best, and may the best team win. Any unsporting behaviour by fans, such as booing of national anthems, and what we hear about a laser focussed on the Danish goalkeeper, are stains on that.  I still hear Germans talking about British fairplay. Is that going to become a thing of the past? Unfortunately for a minority its about my country right or wrong, where national chauvinism and bigotry are used to justify it.  I still trust that the majority of British are better than that. 

As for leaving Europe and winning sports events, I don't think we should be putting up any barriers to Europe, economic, cultural or sporting. Its our continent. 

Thanks for being a voice of reason.  I wish it were louder than the braying mob at the games. 

English journalists managed to get some footage of the top secret Italian training regime.

Sources say it's nothing new, but why change what works...

On 08/07/2021, 21:23:32, john g. said:

<snip> ...as I slither past them on the non-existent pavements in Cretan villages

I was gonna ask if they all hop/bop to this where you live?

Joey's nasal NY drawl makes it sound like 'cretan'.

Maybe suggest it to the village mayor.

Bloody hell, Chelski! That is some power! Some energy!👍

Some vibes! Wow!

( remembering my ill-spent youth!😂).

I am afraid -in our village - most would think " what's that? English tourists? "

( Take their money and bitch afterwards!)😂

Edit:  ( based on your sneaky edit!😂)village mayoress is cool! About 40 and even likes dogs! Yeah!  She would love it! But our 63 year old local headmaster is more Pink Floyd! Tassos! He plays " we don't need no education " LOUD in the school breaks!❤️👍

On 7/8/2021, 7:15:25, alexunterwegs said:

Yes I agree, the Scots have got some serious anti English complex that goes back a long time.

Scottish newspaper The National urges Italy win with front-page mock-up –  here&#39;s what people thought of it | indy100

Now I could understand this is we were playing Scotland but they went out in the group stages if my memory serves me right.

Seriously how bitter must you be to make a front page like that.

Yet people take offence to HF99s Danish images but at least we were playing them.

Think that might be mocked up. But nice try.

Edit: Christ it's real. What is wrong with people?