Euro 2020 and 2021

368 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

winner.JPG.a8f3ef24416ba1bc14856b664e90e

Although this is funny it does show how deluded many pro Brexit people are.

Some of them seriously seem to believe that the UK have left Europe.

51 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

For me it should be first and foremost a sporting celebration.

It should be.

But to be honest I`m going to enjoy the Danish tears and revel in really pissing the Scots off.

7 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

From what I saw, it looks like the Dutch referee did it.

Being serious,it was a soft penalty,one of those you see given and also see not given.

Then we could get into the fact that the Danish free kick wasn´t actually a foul and that the goal shouldn´t have stood because the Danish players didn´t stay a metre away from the English wall etc.

Schmeichel has shown as well as being a good keeper like his dad the fucking whining when decisions go against you runs in the family.

15 minutes ago, Keleth said:

It should be.

But to be honest I`m going to enjoy the Danish tears and revel in really pissing the Scots off.

Aside from friendly banter, I don't see any need to enjoy Denmarks KO. I think they've made a massive contribution to the tournament. Besides that, can't think of many better holidays than a weekend amongst Danes in Copenhagen with the odd glass of Carlsberg or Tuborg. 

As for the Scots, agreed they are rather obsessive in their attitude towards the English, but then they've plenty of reason to be in recent years, given how they've been shafted over Brexit.  

44 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Although this is funny it does show how deluded many pro Brexit people are.

Some of them seriously seem to believe that the UK have left Europe.

I saw that meme yesterday and enjoyed the roasting the poster got.

To pop back would mean going over to Europe from somewhere that isn't Europe. Given the final is going to be at Wembley, it really does show how stupid some people really are.

29 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I must say, when I saw that little German girl cry I did have a chuckle! 

Them Danish tears, too!  I even had a bacon sarnie this morning just to celebrate! 

60e70bc010cd7_cominghome.JPG.49994a32f46

:lol:

7 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

Aside from friendly banter, I don't see any need to enjoy Denmarks KO.

I love that England knocked Denmark out of the tournament.  It was either them or us. 

It's not like kids sports these days where everyone is a winner! 

7 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

... can't think of many better holidays than a weekend amongst Danes in Copenhagen with the odd glass of Carlsberg or Tuborg. 

Wot!

I can think of loads of better holidays than that, mate! 

For starters, Blackpool! 

3 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

I saw that meme yesterday and enjoyed the roasting the poster got.

Oooh, he got roasted on the internets, how terrible! 

19 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

I must say, when I saw that little German girl cry I did have a chuckle! 

Yep I don´t know how many times I´ve seen English kids cry on TV after yet another England defeat.

The abuse she got on social media was bang out of order from the typical neanderthals.

48 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

Aside from friendly banter, I don't see any need to enjoy Denmarks KO.

Why not ?

If we´d lost the place would be full of people crowing about it.

No more of this stiff upper lips,we´re better than that bollocks.

Besides that, can't think of many better holidays than a weekend amongst Danes in Copenhagen with the odd glass of Carlsberg or Tuborg. 

So what ?

I`m a German/UK dual citizen,I live and work in Germany,I love the place,I`m married to a German,I have many German friends but boy did I revel in it when we beat them.

And believe me I´ve experienced the other side of it many times in the past.

As for the Scots, agreed they are rather obsessive in their attitude towards the English, but then they've plenty of reason to be in recent years, given how they've been shafted over Brexit. 

Oh sorry but please do fuck off.Yes they got shafted with Brexit but fucking hell they have always been so rabidly anti English in sports that there is no difference to then and now.

Funny how we deride English people who go on and on about WWII and beating Germany etc (idiots) but it´s positively encouraged for the Scots to detest the English because of ancient history.

22 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I`m a German/UK dual citizen,I live and work in Germany,I love the place,I`m married to a German,I have many German friends but boy did I revel in it when we beat them.

Amen!  And just to make it better it was Joachim Löw's last game as manager! 

And how I laughed when France went out of the tournament to Switzerland! 

:D

Of course, if England had lost yesterday there would have been quite a few on here crowing about it. 

I've had the, "you're only through because of a fake-penalty" nonsense from a few folk today. As someone posted earlier, yes, it was a soft penalty (as was Denmark's freekick), but they are given. I thought that there was a bigger penalty shout a few minutes earlier, when Kane's foot was trodden on in the area, and that went as an attacking foul. Swings and roundabouts. Overall, England played pretty well and deserved the win (I can only remember Denmark having one chance in the second half). It has happened often enough over the years that England have played well, and luck has gone against them. 

Whilst it felt alien and dangerous at the time (from decades of England watching), it was good to see England passing the ball about to kill off the game, rather than the usual 11 men back and hoof it out panic. 

Italy will be favourites for the final, but if England play like they have done in these knock-out games, then it should be a good game, and we have a chance. 

COME ON ENGLAND.   

13 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yep I don´t know how many times I´ve seen English kids cry on TV after yet another England defeat.

The abuse she got on social media was bang out of order from the typical neanderthals.

It was pretty shocking, highlights how insecure people are to poke fun at an underage foreign girl. If that's the level they have to aim at to feel like a man, let's be glad it's just poking fun and not think of using something else to poke with.

15 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Oh sorry but please do fuck off.Yes they got shafted with Brexit but fucking hell they have always been so rabidly anti English in sports that there is no difference to then and now.

Funny how we deride English people who go on and on about WWII and beating Germany etc (idiots) but it´s positively encouraged for the Scots to detest the English because of ancient history.

I've been to Scotland for work around 5 times and been in Germany over 15 years. I have suffered the same amount of racial abuse incident in both countries.  

It could be the work I was doing (lighting/sound technician for bands) that got me near people who felt some hatred etc for the english (maybe the alcohol played a part), it's not everyone, I have quite a few Scottish friends.

The other way around is the same, my Scottish friends also have lots of english friends and we all manage to not hate each other.

I some areas of he UK there is a tendency in some people to just be anti-english. We are the historical bad guys, we took everything from everyone else (narrative, not necessarily fact) and people that believe that have an outlet for it with sport (or certain sports).

It's possible because we have 4 national teams even through we are one country (UK). 

Some of my Scottish friends were supporting Denmark last night and they will be supporting Italy in the final,  that's ok, it's sport. I do the same when Scotland are playing, that's ok, it's sport.

When it's over we move on to normal life. Some people can't as the sport is an outlet for what they think, it's there without the sport.

3 minutes ago, dstanners said:

I've had the, "you're only through because of a fake-penalty" nonsense from a few folk today. As someone posted earlier, yes, it was a soft penalty (as was Denmark's freekick), but they are given. I thought that there was a bigger penalty shout a few minutes earlier, when Kane's foot was trodden on in the area, and that went as an attacking foul. Swings and roundabouts. Overall, England played pretty well and deserved the win (I can only remember Denmark having one chance in the second half). It has happened often enough over the years that England have played well, and luck has gone against them. 

Whilst it felt alien and dangerous at the time (from decades of England watching), it was good to see England passing the ball about to kill off the game, rather than the usual 11 men back and hoof it out panic. 

Italy will be favourites for the final, but if England play like they have done in these knock-out games, then it should be a good game, and we have a chance. 

COME ON ENGLAND.   

Shit happens, it's happened to us often enough and if the result was the other way around, some england supporters would be saying that about Denmark.

In a league situation this tends to even itself out over a season but in a competition, shit happens.

Only way to stop it is to use cameras for everything, multiple angles, examined by several refs etc.

All eyes on the final... 

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

Irrespective of nationality, there's something seriously pathetic with grown ups getting kicks from seeing young girls cry. 

Being spread around on social media makes it all the more of a national embarassment. 

Why not ?

If we´d lost the place would be full of people crowing about it.

No more of this stiff upper lips,we´re better than that bollocks.

So what ?

I'm not a Dane but doesn't stop me liking them and having had alot of good times in Denmark. Harmless banter is one thing, but why take it beyond that?

You can pleased about England winning, but doesn't mean needing to celebrate Denmark exiting.  Lifes too short. 

Yes I agree, the Scots have got some serious anti English complex that goes back a long time. But they really have suffered these last few years through no fault of their own. I sympathise with anyone whose life and aspirations have been shafted by Brexit, and in this case it was primarily English politicians and voters which caused it. . 

36 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

You can pleased about England winning, but doesn't mean needing to celebrate Denmark exiting.

So when we beat Germany I should have been pleased and gone around quietly when  Germans were around ?

And the Germans would have done exactly the same if they´d beat us ? (The answer to that is a definite no from previous personal experience)

39 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

I'm not a Dane but doesn't stop me liking them and having had alot of good times in Denmark. Harmless banter is one thing, but why take it beyond that?

I`m not exactly sure of your point here. 

What am I taking beyond harmless banter ?

42 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

I sympathise with anyone whose life and aspirations have been shafted by Brexit, and in this case it was primarily English politicians and voters which caused it. . 

Totally agree but it has been this way before Brexit,hell even before the EU existed.

A slight mitigation to them being shafted is that they did vote against independence.I hope they get a 2nd vote and their independence.

No sympathy for the Welsh though,voted for Brexit and now whining they want their independence.

On a side note here that commentator on ITV last night was absolutely fucking useless.

I got the impression he doesn`t like or watch football regularly and I´ve just discovered he is now apparently their chief commentator.

Thank god the final is on the beeb as well.

2 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

And how I laughed when France went out of the tournament to Switzerland! 

The English and Germans appeared to be united in that.

In the part of Hamburg I am currently in, I had occasion to show my British passport three times today re this and that and each time it was a Turk ( German Turk ) who remarked on my first and middle names and " where are you from?" bla bla and each time , the three different guys said " hey, cool, England are through to the final." (My conspiracy theory- England knocked out Germany  so... ah well, just a theory😂)

Mind you, we were at a Dänisches Bettenlager shop yesterday before the match against England and they smiled! " We are a Danish company."😂

I thought the Danish team were very dignified yesterday. Good luck to them in the future. And of course I'm glad England won. Dunno about Sunday, though....

2 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Shit happens, it's happened to us often enough and if the result was the other way around, some england supporters would be saying that about Denmark.

In a league situation this tends to even itself out over a season but in a competition, shit happens.

Only way to stop it is to use cameras for everything, multiple angles, examined by several refs etc.

The big difference here, is that the hand of god goal happened in 1986 and you lot are still not over it.

Denmark will probably be over the non existent penalty in about a week.

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

Mind you, we were at a Dänisches Bettenlager shop yesterday before the match against England and they smiled! " We are a Danish company."😂

I thought the Danish team were very dignified yesterday. Good luck to them in the future.

Ah, you broke your bed did you, John, you saucy Devil!

You've not been back 5 mins in HH!

:wub:

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

And of course I'm glad England won. Dunno about Sunday, though...

Whaddaya mean, you don't know about Sunday. 

England are gonna teach them Eyeteis a lesson! 

3 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The big difference here, is that the hand of god goal happened in 1986 and you lot are still not over it.

Denmark will probably be over the non existent penalty in about a week.

And the Jocks? 

freedom.jpg.151f2b245478b524a2c989fc832f

Never over it and the freedom to complain forever! 

Back to Crete tomorrow at short notice, hellfire! My puppy Mandy  has been badly scratched by a cat and my mate looking after her is in a wheelchair and can't get to a vet.

All else going well here re returning to Hamburg but some stuff to iron out down there!! Will be back here in a few weeks to fight the good fight!

Meanwhile, will have to watch the England/ Italy match at the village square taverna.. hope Panagiotis has the telly on outside ( and that I can sit about three feet away .. otherwise, won't be able to follow the match😖)...

12 minutes ago, john g. said:

Back to Crete tomorrow at short notice, hellfire! My puppy has been badly scratched by a cat and my mate looking after her is in a wheelchair and can't get to a vet.

John mate, fair play to you for doing this.

It is not something I would do but then again you never asked my opinion on the matter.  Hope it all works out well. 

All else going well here re returning to Hamburg but some stuff to iron out down there!!

Yeah, at least you got your leg over! 

Will be back here in a few weeks to fight the good fight!

PM me for a yard of ale! 

Meanwhile, will have to watch the England/ Italy match at the village square taverna.. hope Panagiotis has the telly on outside ( and that I can sit about three feet away .. otherwise, won't be able to follow the match😖)...

Panagiotis ?

Fucking hell, is that his real name?

Sounds like a side effect of diarrhea!