Changing Bank - is internet banking a viable solution

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, aeroplane said:

Hi Gary, am i getting this right: are you saying that the introduction of fees that would start 1JUL that Commerzbank announced in a letter we got some time end of April is blocked by a court case?

There was a judgement in a case involving Postbank a couple of months ago.  Decision was basically that they cannot take your silence as agreement to a change of T&Cs - you must take positive action to agree.  The other banks seem to have at least suspended their proposed changes while they await the written judgement and see whether they can differentiate themselves from the Postbank case.  For now comDirect has suspended its changes (there was a notice when logging on), so I would assume Commerzbank would have acted similarly.  

 

Personally I am hoping the whole thing is delayed until at least next April as we will then have an additional source of income going into our account that will mean we are above the magic 700€ per month...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021, 5:34:30, LeonG said:

I don't know if there is a free to transfer funds abroad.

Within the SEPA area there is. The problem with Santander is their call centre. If you need something out of the ordinary they can´t help you but will put you through to your local branch - which may not bother to answer the phone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeba said:

Within the SEPA area there is. The problem with Santander is their call centre. If you need something out of the ordinary they can´t help you but will put you through to your local branch - which may not bother to answer the phone.

 

If you have a local branch, you would have some contacts there.  When I opened my account, I talked to two different people who gave me their business cards.  If I need something, I call or email them directly.  It's worked out well so far.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I don't think it would work out for me. I have to go to my bank a few times per year, when online services don't provide a solution.

I don't mind paying a bit per month if the service is good, and so far it is at Commerzbank. I learned a long time ago that "free" means shit service or hidden fees.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I switched to DKB from HypoVereinsbank (UniCredit) for this exact reason --> 9€ a month?  FU, HVB. 

 

I am not unhappy with DKB, but I wish it hadn't come to it.  Huge hassle. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CincyInDE said:

I switched to DKB from HypoVereinsbank (UniCredit) for this exact reason --> 9€ a month?  FU, HVB. 

 

I am not unhappy with DKB, but I wish it hadn't come to it.  Huge hassle. 

Did you use their account switching service ? I am thought the signing up process , there was first a form to fill in , than I went through video identification and now got some mail that they will send me details per letter but none mentioned the account switching service they promote on their web page...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I used the switching service.  It was easy to find once I got the DKB Account set up.  There's a menu item for it on the left when you log in with your cryptic xxxxxxxxxx_p username.  If it's not easy to find, log in and do a search on "Kontowechselservice"

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021, 12:01:09, CincyInDE said:

Yes, I used the switching service.  It was easy to find once I got the DKB Account set up.  There's a menu item for it on the left when you log in with your cryptic xxxxxxxxxx_p username.  If it's not easy to find, log in and do a search on "Kontowechselservice"

found it!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now