Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Migration for a 36 year software architect from india

14 posts in this topic

A lil on me- 36 year old married, IT software architect on infra side (Azure, SQL, Airwatch) in Bangalore, India.

Posting in Berlin/Munich as that's where most IT jobs are!

Read a few posts like https://bit.ly/3g2XNRp & Reddit subs, before deciding to post here.

Applied to 88 jobs on linkedin.com, stepstone.de, monster.de, honeypot.io,JobLeads.com and berlinstartsup only to be met with failure.

Recruiters dont give u a specific reason apart from saying the profile is impressive with a polite note.

I understand its the pandemic & things take time, but will residence permit/blue card be a thing after the covid-19 alleviates?

German language skills are ok, but rapidly improving day-by day (read: Course at Goethe & listening to much of Rammstein:huh:)

Has anyone from the sub-continent or non-EU lucked out after 2020 in getting a software role with sponsorship at deutschland?

Mit Freundlich grüßen,

3 hours ago, RamkumarNagaraj said:

Has anyone from the sub-continent or non-EU lucked out after 2020 in getting a software role with sponsorship at deutschland

Yes i know an Indian person who joined a software company in Munich in December last year. He got the job offer in India itself. In

I know another who first came here as job search visa a d then found the job. But this was before covid time. 

So things are difficult.. But its not fast as due to Covid. 

3 hours ago, RamkumarNagaraj said:

42 minutes ago, vivanco said:

Yes i know an Indian person who joined a software company in Munich in December last year. He got the job offer in India itself. In

I know another who first came here as job search visa a d then found the job. But this was before covid time. 

tThanks fr the kind reply. Did he know any german? Best way to jobs in Germany apart from applying on xing. linkedin etc?

42 minutes ago, vivanco said:

My employer has several people they've hired from India, but I don't know if any have been post Covid and it may not be suitable for you. But I'll send you a link.

BTW: Mit freundlichen Grüßen. Capitalise the noun and not the adjective and remember to apply the correct one of the 48 possible adjective endings.

13 minutes ago, RamkumarNagaraj said:

tThanks fr the kind reply. Did he know any german? Best way to jobs in Germany apart from applying on xing. linkedin etc?

Well he had the advantage of working for a project outsourced by German company and the German company agreed to directly hire him here in Germany. 

Best way/chance is to have someone recommend you for a position from within the company. With this one can be sure to get atleast an interview call. 

my personal opinion is that getting IT software jobs in Germany are not easy

everyone wants to work in Germany, it is bit challenging compared with india and eastern europe

I know some indian nationals who came here with job seeker visa, found nothing and went back, now they are working in india and are quite happy

17 hours ago, vivanco said:

Thanks for the reply, yes i know it is very hard for a non-E.U guy to work in Deutschland/Swiss. Things may improve a bit after the pandemic/vaccinations, but no one can guarantee that i reckon!

@alien7 It is very disheartening to note that, even a job seeker visa was found useless. It is quite heart breaking to hear the same, as that is a huge hit. I was thinking of the job seeker router post the pandemic, but i suppose it is a massive risk.

Do u no what profiles they were in? Did they know any German?

The only advantage in my favor i am learning German rapidly (from Goethe, india) & have good experience on Azure/cloud side. 

But i guess, that is not much of an advantage over the local populace :(

19 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I applied to 400 jobs  and I'm European! Just keep going, 88 is not much.

Haha, thanks for the inspiration. May i ask what domain ur on? 

When u imply European, are u from the eastern side?

What strategy do u adopt besides applying on the usual job portals?

Best of luck in ur job search!

15 hours ago, RamkumarNagaraj said:

Haha, thanks for the inspiration. May i ask what domain ur on? 

Software & Electrotechnics. Done a bit of everything.

When u imply European, are u from the eastern side?

Check my profile. Proudly Portuguese. That means southern european.

What strategy do u adopt besides applying on the usual job portals?

I got called to interviews after I started answering every application personalizing the cover letter. I used to put the relevant keywords in bold, just to pass HR.

I also kept changing my CV to adapt to German taste, including placing a photo.

Linkedin seems to work much better than the German job search sites. Never got anything good from Xing, for example.

On 6/4/2021, 2:29:38, MikeMelga said:

Software & Electrotechnics. Done a bit of everything.

Check my profile. Proudly Portuguese. That means southern european.

I got called to interviews after I started answering every application personalizing the cover letter. I used to put the relevant keywords in bold, just to pass HR.

I also kept changing my CV to adapt to German taste, including placing a photo.

Linkedin seems to work much better than the German job search sites. Never got anything good from Xing, for example.

On 6/2/2021, 5:13:48, vivanco said:

Thanks man, appreciate it. Let me try ur strategy and see if it works!

2 hours ago, RamkumarNagaraj said:

I don't know that but I guess it's not much... He might have taken some course for a1 /a2 level, but that may not have played a significant role for his employment offer. As i said, he knew the company and worked for it as a client. 

The best chance of landing the job will be the skill sets you have is in severely  short-supply here. If the company can find someone here in the local pool they will go for locals. The other option is the networking. If someone already working here in German company recommend you. This will work with big (or say international footprint) company as they will have experience in hiring from abroad.  Small & Medium size company will avoid hiring someone from abroad. 

7 hours ago, vivanco said:

I don't know that but I guess it's not much... He might have taken some course for a1 /a2 level, but that may not have played a significant role for his employment offer. As i said, he knew the company and worked for it as a client. 

The best chance of landing the job will be the skill sets you have is in severely  short-supply here. If the company can find someone here in the local pool they will go for locals. The other option is the networking. If someone already working here in German company recommend you. This will work with big (or say international footprint) company as they will have experience in hiring from abroad.  Small & Medium size company will avoid hiring someone from abroad. 

Thanks mate. I have applied to a few big ones like u said, hope the situation becomes little better after the pandemic