Birth Certificate for Child

5 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem in getting the birth certificate "Geburtsurkunde" for my baby, she is born on 12th May 2021.

I filled out a form "Geburtsanzeige" birth announcement in the hospital, which hospital guys have shared with the "Standesamt"

I called "Standesamt" and they asked me to bring "Passport", "Marriage Certificate".

I went there and they told me that they need to verify my marriage because they don't accept this marriage certificate from India (although I have a german translation for that also).

They gave me a three-page letter, and in that, it is written that they need some documents like Birth Certificate, 10th or 12th class mark sheet, etc, and they will ship these documents to India (German Embassy-not sure) for verification.

Links to those letters
https://imgur.com/Hj6LTKZ

https://imgur.com/4t8uwQx

https://imgur.com/L901LFB

The problem is I have all my original documents in India except my marriage certificate, and getting those documents to Germany will take a lot of time because nobody is at home where these documents are, and they told me that once they receive the documents, they will ask for some fees not sure how much and will send all these documents to India (New Delhi) for verification purpose, which can take up to three months of time.

I found a few posts similar to this marriage verification, but they are mostly related to the finance office not accepting the marriage, and hence this process is needed. --> links at the bottom.

My question is, can someone help me what should I do in this case? any suggestions?

Because delay in the birth certificate will delay in getting a health insurance card, which is not a problem as of now but if it takes months then it can be a problem. (Also there are few other things like KinderGeld, and ElternGeld, which I don't bother as of now, priority is getting health insurance for my baby and then passport and then residence permit, so that we can travel to India when needed)

Some other information:

I am here in Germany with my wife since June 2019

No plans for permanent settlement in Germany, want to go back to India in the next 1 to 1,5 years, permanently.

My Tax class is already changed, which means that Finance Office has accepted my Marriage Certificate (there was no discussion at all if there was some problem with my marriage certificate or not).

My wife is not working, she is a housewife, and her health insurance is linked with mine.

Please suggest some solution, because getting documents from India will take a lot of time, and will delay everything.

Let me know if someone needs some more information.

Even if another German authority has accepted your documents, the Standesamt still has the right to have Indian documents verified for authenticity because Germany considers India a country with unreliable documents.

While you are waiting for the Urkundenüberprüfung to be completed, you can obtain an Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister that you can send to your Krankenkasse as well as to apply for Elterngeld

On 5/31/2021, 2:10:58, engelchen said:

Even if another German authority has accepted your documents, the Standesamt still has the right to have Indian documents verified for authenticity because Germany considers India a country with unreliable documents.

While you are waiting for the Urkundenüberprüfung to be completed, you can obtain an Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister that you can send to your Krankenkasse as well as to apply for Elterngeld

Thank You @engelchen for your response.

Thanks to @Straightpoop and @murphaph

I didn't get a notification on my email id so thought nobody has provided me a response.

Do you know how much time I have to initiate this verification process? Right now it is not started, I am working on a second option.

As I mentioned that my original documents are in India(I only have my marriage certificate original here), and there is no one at home because due to the corona situation my family moved from the city to the village (which is a safer option), so once someone will come back, I can ask them to send all these documents to me. I want to know if there is some time limit to apply for a Birth certificate for the same.

The second option, I am here in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and before me, there were three Indian babies which were born, and they also faced similar problems.

1st case: this guy knows German, and his wife name was on his passport and wife's passport also has the name of his husband, he knows the German language very well, and he discussed with them, his marriage was also not verified, but he discussed with them and requested them to forward his application further and let it rejected from the higher authorities if there is some problem, and luckily all went fine.

2nd case: these guys don't know German, and they faced the same problem, they were asked to verify their marriage, and they submitted around 470 Euro's to start the verification, but at that time German Embassy in India was closed, and nothing happens, "Standesamt" has returned the fees, but these guys did something by which they get the birth certificate for their child.

They get their marriage certificate translated using "State Certified Translator" here in Germany, and also they contacted Indian Embassy in Munich and asked them to issue a Birth Certificate for them, and after giving these documents everything works well. And I think they get the birth certificate after 5 or 6 months.

3rd Case: these guys were in relation to the 2nd case guys, so they told everything in advance, they translated their Marriage Certificate, and get Birth Certificates from Indian Embassy Munich, and then all went well without any problem.

So, at the moment I am trying this option, and if this doesn't work I will follow the standard procedure of verification.

But let's suppose this whole process is delayed by 5-6 months, as mentioned above did I get Elterngeld and KinderGeld, from the date of birth or just from the time I get the certificate.

Also, I didn't understand this line properly.

"While you are waiting for the Urkundenüberprüfung to be completed, you can obtain an Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister that you can send to your Krankenkasse as well as to apply for Elterngeld. "

to get a temporary certificate, and apply for Elterngeld, do I need to send it to Krankenhaus.