Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Invoice 4 years after the purchase

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I bought an item from an online shop in Germany in July 2017.  This morning I receive and email with the invoice, dated today. With my old address, of course, as I moved since. It wasn't a large amount, something around 150€.

I'm assuming that isn't relevant for me, but I'm curious as to why they do this now. Does anyone know what this might be about? I'm thinking they might be getting audited and back-dating this invoice to this year, but who knows.

I certainly cannot remember if I ever got a paper invoice with the delivery, and after this long, I would have either discarded it or it's buried under a lot of paperwork.

Cheers.

I am not an expert on this, but if I received an invoice, I'd want to look through my bank records to see if I had paid it. If not, then I would pay for it. If I had already paid for it, I'd want to send them proof of that.

1 minute ago, JN53 said:

I am not an expert on this, but if I received an invoice, I'd want to look through my bank records to see if I had paid it. If not, then I would pay for it. If I had already paid for it, I'd want to send them proof of that.

Oh, I forgot to mention it says that the amount due is 0, so I have no worries in that sense.

Also, I placed a more recent order with my new address about a year ago, so it's not like they don't have it :-)

Well, maybe your assumption is correct and the company is being audited. My guess is you need to do nothing about it, esp. since they do have your new address.