Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone with experience working at SWM (Stadtwerke München GmbH) as a Software Developer?

13 posts in this topic

So, I'd like to hear some first hand experiences from someone that used to work or is still working in SWM as a software developer. I would appreciate a simple Pros and Cons list.
Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about buying a house.   I would appreciate a simple Pros and Cons list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I was wondering if there is a search function on this site.

 

and you have to point that out to a "software developer"....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, catjones said:

 

and you have to point that out to a "software developer"...

 

So there are already topics about software developers who worked for SWM and shared their experiences? Search must not be working correctly on my side then, please share a couple of links here. Thanks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, java10 said:

 

So there are already topics about software developers who worked for SWM and shared their experiences? Search must not be working correctly on my side then, please share a couple of links here. Thanks.

I just typed in Software developer in Munich in search- and lo- dozens of posts and threads. ( Click on more threads!)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I just typed in Software developer in Munich in search- and lo- dozens of posts and threads. ( Click on more threads!)

 

Is the title of this thread not specific enough? It clearly mentions "SWM Munich" which is a utility company owned by the city of Munich and I'm interested in opinions of TT'ers who might be or have been working there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, java10 said:

 

Is the title of this thread not specific enough? It clearly mentions "SWM Munich" which is a utility company owned by the city of Munich and I'm interested in opinions of TT'ers who might be or have been working there.

 

When somebody asks about working IN SWM, that would designate a geographic location, like "in" South West Munich.

If someone was asking about working for a company, they would use "at" SWM.

 

You don't work in Apple, you work at Apple.

 

So, to answer your question, your thread is not specific enough.

 

Good luck to your company when you do design specs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, catjones said:

 

When somebody asks about working IN SWM, that would designate a geographic location, like "in" South West Munich.

If someone was asking about working for a company, they would use "at" SWM.

 

You don't work in Apple, you work at Apple.

 

So, to answer your question, your thread is not specific enough.

 

Good luck to your company when you do design specs.

 

Thanks for catching that one - English is not my mother tongue.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, java10 said:

You don't work in Apple, you work at Apple.

 

You might also say "you work for Apple".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, java10 said:

 

Thanks for catching that one - English is not my mother tongue.

Obviously, and people living in a place where they don't speak the native language should be more understanding of that.

I also thought SWM meant southwest Munich... but now you've cleared it up.

Seems like quite a specific query, I think LukeSkywalker's answer would be best for you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm late to the party.  I have a friend who works for SWM but as a Systemadmin.  He likes it well enough, but the place suffers from a lot of fragmentation, shoebox solutions, and poor documentation.  Not the worst by any means but it apparently has a substantial bureaucratic web to navigate. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0