McFit and SCHUFA

3 posts in this topic

I recently refunded two of my McFit transactions as I realized I was being billed throughout the entirety of Corona without having access to the gym service. I was unaware that they would give me customer credit, until I sent them an email asking for a membership cancellation, at which point they mentioned that I had approx 130eur in membership credit and that my contract would be cancelled sometime in 2022. This happened sometime at the end of April. Since then, they have not taken my membership fee as usual (on the first of every month). I am unable to login to their website as every time I attempt to reset my password, I don't get an email with the information. I have sent them multiple emails regarding this, but to no response whatsoever.

Now, I'm not all too worried about the 250eur or so that I might lose by paying for a membership I won't use, but I AM slightly more worried about how this might affect SCHUFA. Is it likely that something like this shows up on the SCHUFA? I have documented everything that I can, from my multiple tries to login to my system, to the emails I have sent (and the lack of responses). Should I already talk to a lawyer, or am I worried about nothing? 

I think they have to send you warnings before they it gets entered into your SCHUFA. Good thing you documented everything.
I really feel like I would have kept my gym membership if they had just reached out when the pandemic started and not try to tie us with contracts.
If you are not sure, just order a free copy of your schufa if you have not done already this year.

Im pretty sure its too early to talk to a lawyer. I'd wait it out.

I had similar problems with my gym, emails were not answered.

In the end, they accepted membership cancelation in written letter.

I used the priority stamp for tracking and took photos of the letter, the envelope and the insertion in the mailbox.