How long can i stay outside germany with German citizenship ?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

What things to consider if I want to move back to a non-EU country for 5 years and come back to Germany? 

How long can a non-EU person stay outside Germany after he/she got German citizenship? 

Thank you, 

9 minutes ago, ToyUser said:

How long can a non-EU person stay outside Germany after he/she got German citizenship? 

My bold. After you get citizenship, you are German (and so not a non-EU person).

There are some circumstances where you can lose your German citizenship but living in another country is not one of them.

They can't take away your German citizenship just for living somewhere else.

Thank you pappnase. As I would be working for a non-EU employer in a non-EU country with German citizenship, No need to pay taxes or insurance or registering a house in Germany to retain my German citizenship? 

your dutch anyway, so under FOM you can always just come to Germany, you would have to do something pretty bad to lose citizenship

Under EU rules, you have the right to move and work anywhere in the EU, and its not lost by living or working outside the EU, unlike the Brits who have just thrown all of that away

I'm getting more confused with each post. A non-EU Dutch national with German citizenship through naturalisation? I thought the NL didn't allow dual citizenship through naturalisation anyway?