Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oktoberfest 2021 cancelled!!

24 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, theGman said:

I'm just riffing. But it's possible everyone will just drop the name Oktoberfest because that's the easiest thing to do (no need to apply for a license), call their festivals "Beer Festival" or whatever and in 20 years time nobody outside of Munich knows or cares what an "Oktoberfest" is.

The Oktoberfest is seared into our collective human memory.

Because it happens in September. So it's bloody stupid to call it October.

So stupid it's genius

The original October fest happend in October, to celibate a royal marriage, the couple invited everyone in Munich to come and paid for the beer.

It was so successful, that it was put on for several years, one thing that changed was that it was noticed that is was cold in October ( as anybody knows who lives there), after a while the fest was moved back into September, but always ends in October,  so it can retain its original October fest name, but get most of the last days of summer.

Its dam cold sitting in short leather trousers outside one of the tents most will tell you

As I am sure you know

43 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Its dam cold sitting in short leather trousers outside one of the tents most will tell you

Stick around. Climate change should take care of that.

44 minutes ago, yesterday said:

As I am sure you know

That's why you must make sure you get inside. Once I walked behind 4 Russian girls and was let in 🤗.