Two student jobs (Werkstudent+ minijob)

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

So, I have a situation at the moment. 

I am a full-time student in Bachelors and have had 2 jobs since 8 months. 2 werkstudent. And both of my employers are aware of my jobs. Now, social insurance sent a letter to my first employer that social insurance has to be paid and thats a sort of a fine that I am paying at the moment. I have no issues with that.

Just to get out of this situation, I converted one of my werkstudent to a minijob.

Now my first employer wants to me give them in written that, I will not exceed 20hrs/week. I have many friends  (non-EU), who work a werkstudent and a minijob or a werkstudent+ hiwi job.

I want to know, is it possible to continue doing that because other students does it without any problem? Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Samurai said:

Now my first employer wants to me give them in written that, I will not exceed 20hrs/week. I have many friends  (non-EU), who work a werkstudent and a minijob or a werkstudent+ hiwi job.

You and your friends all need to make sure you properly understand the circumstances under which students (and their employers) receive exemptions on certain social security contributions and your non-EU friends need to make sure that they don't work more than they are allowed to work with their study permits.