Check Pension contributions

9 posts in this topic

Is there a way to check how much money I have paid to state pension and how much I will get when pension age comes ?

is there a way to request this online ? 

why can not Germany make such website when many countries have it ? :wacko:

Yes you can!

Phone them, and they will send you a letter with all infos.

Ask for a Rentenauskunft if you want to see your annual records and projected pension.  If you register online with the DRV I believe you can see this online but at the very least it is possible to order one online without registering and takes about a week to arrive.

It might be worth asking the DRV to do a Kontenklärung to make sure that all of your post-17 data is properly captured on the DRV systems as that can lead to an increased pension in due course.   

A statement is sent once a year automatically, Kontenklaerung is very slow now. I ordered the free DRV publication, 'Zukunft jetzt'

There is a hickup in the system, for some unknown reason some people do not get annual statement, and it applies to me, I have to ask for it each year. The German pension system does not seem able to find the error. It seems to be linked to Germans who have livid outside of Germany for a while or Foreigners who have come to live and work in Germany 

Same for me.  I have never had either a Rentenauskunft (should be once every 3 years I think) with a lot of detail, which is what the OP is, I think after, and have never received an annual Renteninfo, apart from once when I asked them to provide proof of address for another institution and they sent me one.  And I will be claiming my pension later this year!

And, despite what I said above about the time it takes to get a Rentenauskunft, I applied from the UK at the start of February and have heard nothing, despite reminders.  I thought it was just me, or just non-residents but it sounds as though they are not coping well with Covid and/or the work around the Grundrente.

@GaryC  Thanks,   When you requesting this from abroad will it be delivered by post in your country of residence or email is also possible?

If you are abroad it is by snail-mail post only.  You can get some things done by email and should address questions and requests (other than those you can do online) to meinefrage@drv-bund.de. They may need or request your Versicherunsnummer before providing information via email.  Historically they have been super quick and helpful but it has all ground somewhat to a halt this year