Got my first Pfizer shot, shocked by German vaccination certificate standard

90 posts in this topic

Well you are a cunning fox. What a good plan. There was me thinking zip-up freezer bags and then... wait for it... plastic wallets with the booklet opened at the covid page before insertion. I guess this is proof the Boy Scouts were superior to the Brownies. I was a Pixie in my day.

I doubt if we are going to need to show businesses our Impfpass in order to prove we are vaccinated against corona. The data protection laws in Germany probably won't allow this due to the fact that other vaccinations are also shown in the booklet. It will be an App with a QR code or a printed sheet with a QR code so I wouldn't worry about non-medical people seeing other vaccinations you have had.

13 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

I wouldn't worry about non-medical people seeing other vaccinations you have had.

What could they possibly do with that information? I don't get it.

On 4/28/2021, 1:55:49, jeba said:

AFAIK the yellow passports are still the official WHO approved ones. Don´t forget that even a doctor in an African village has to be able to make entries.

Wow, that's quite insulting, Jeba. I would have used the example of a doctor in, oh, I don't know... Ulm? :)

Smartphones are prime pickpocket targets: high value, and very compact. I've lost one and had one pickpocketed since smartphones came on the market. 

We don't yet know if there will be a national digital COVID impfpass *in addition to* an EU COVID digital impfpass, or if somehow combi. 

If it's a combi one - it most likely will block vaccinated people from obtaining one if they can't prove an EU resident permit status. A proof (Aufenthaltsdokument-GB) which those covered by the Brexit withdrawal agreement may not have yet, since certain cities STILL aren't offering appointments to obtain them, or only started late in March / April and have been perpetually cancelling all first ever (March) sent out appointments ever since. (inzidenz must be stable under 100 for 7 days, otherwise appointments will continue to be perpetually sent out and auto cancelled)

19 minutes ago, paulwork said:

We don't yet know if there will be a national digital COVID impfpass *in addition to* an EU COVID digital impfpass, or if somehow combi.

So, it you think there is going to be a EU digital Impfpass what's the point with not using your current paper impfpass and wanting a new one just for the covid vaccinations? As fraufruit says, what does it matter if other people can see which vaccinations you have had?

44 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

So, it you think there is going to be a EU digital Impfpass what's the point with not using your current paper impfpass and wanting a new one just for the covid vaccinations? As fraufruit says, what does it matter if other people can see which vaccinations you have had?

There are STI related vaccines or other personal vaccines that I'm sure most people don't want to parade about to all and sundry who don't need to know.

30 minutes ago, paulwork said:

There are STI related vaccines or other personal vaccines that I'm sure most people don't want to parade about to all and sundry who don't need to know.

Why? Doesn't mean you've had a STI - just shows how smart you are to be vaccinated. For that matter, one could request proof of STI vax before having sex with another person. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens these days just like negative AIDS tests back in the day.

If you

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Why? Doesn't mean you've had a STI - just shows how smart you are to be vaccinated. For that matter, one could request proof of STI vax before having sex with another person. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens these days just like negative AIDS tests back in the day.

If you already have an STI you may require further sets of vaccines.

I don't think anyone should be questioning the right to privacy of medical information, or have an opinion of forcing an "outing" of unneccessary medical information. Especially when doing so, may put that person at risk of discrimination, abuse or stigma.

I think the belief that there somehow exists an "AIDS test", when only an HIV test exists, goes to show just how much disinformation (and probably stigma) exists on that topic.

Outing of medically unneccessary information into the public domain (shops / cinemas etc) is never a good idea.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12321/11810121/gareth-thomas-forced-to-reveal-hiv-diagnosis-having-kept-it-secret-for-years

I do understand, of course. Personally, I have nothing to hide. I won't be shopping for health/life insurance or seeking employment either. 

As has been mentioned, it is possible to get a separate Impfpass just for the corona vaccinations. 

Frau Shameless

sounds like it's not about shame or hiding, but not wanting to be treated differently due to having offered up sensitive information about oneself.  Who needs stares and whispers when they just want a fucking gelato? 

Out of interest, what STI vaccinations are there ? Inquiring minds need to know. I meant I know about the anti-HPV which is sexually transmitted, but that is given to 11 years olds and doesn't say much about your private life...

46 minutes ago, Marianne013 said:

Out of interest, what STI vaccinations are there ? Inquiring minds need to know. I meant I know about the anti-HPV which is sexually transmitted, but that is given to 11 years olds and doesn't say much about your private life...

Inquiring minds - in confidence - may consult their local GUM clinic for expert advice.

I think the main reason to want privacy for this sort of thing is you don't want people finding out how boring you are. "Hey look! This guy's never even had an STI vaccination!". 

If and when I get an Impfpass I'm tempted to make up a few exotic sounding diseases and write them in.

1 hour ago, Marianne013 said:

Hepatitis A & B can be transmitted sexually, however, sex is not the only way to get them (Hep A can be transmitted through contaminated water and Hep B through blood transfusions). I got both of these vaccines as a combi dose before my first trip to Asia and I don‘t know how this information makes a statement about my private life. I also don’t see how this info is anyway sensitive nor do I care if anyone knows that I've had them. 

Gefälschte Impfpässe stellen Bundesregierung vor Herausforderungen

Der gelbe Impfpass, der bislang als Nachweis dient, lässt sich jedoch leicht fälschen.

Forged vaccination passports pose challenges for the federal government

The yellow vaccination certificate, which has so far served as evidence, is easy to forge.

https://www.rnd.de/politik/gefaelschte-impfpaesse-stellen-bundesregierung-vor-herausforderungen-TZDB5Z5E3ND3XFRLMH4O4YK6AI.html

It's happening. This guy got caught. I wonder how many don't get caught?

Just hours before he was set to board a flight home to Argentina on Saturday, Santiago Solans Portillo received some news that appeared to throw a wrench in his travel plans: His coronavirus test had come back positive, authorities say.

But when the 29-year-old arrived at the airport in Miami, he made no such disclosure to the American Airlines agents checking him in, instead presenting a medical certificate that said he was fit to fly.

the rest

ETA - not a fake vax pass but a fake covid test.

22 hours ago, engelchen said:

Hepatitis A & B can be transmitted sexually, however, sex is not the only way to get them (Hep A can be transmitted through contaminated water and Hep B through blood transfusions). I got both of these vaccines as a combi dose before my first trip to Asia and I don‘t know how this information makes a statement about my private life. I also don’t see how this info is anyway sensitive nor do I care if anyone knows that I've had them. 

My child got one of the Hepatitis ones (I'm too lazy to look up which one) just after birth, because that was just the standard procedure in Chicago at the time.

I've also had assorted Hepatitis vaccines (plus typhoid and some other choice vaccines) for travelling, but I am still non the wiser what vaccine would indicate an STD.

I've been to a sexual health clinic more than once in my life, I have never been offered a vaccination there. So, the question is still open.

On 5/5/2021, 4:37:00, fraufruit said:

What could they possibly do with that information? I don't get it.

This is the googlemaps blurring country.