Pros and cons of German citizenship

23 posts in this topic

Thank you to everyone that answered to my posting, specially the ones that stayed on the subject.  It was nice to read the other answers though...  as for the possibility to be labeled a "baddie" upon taking German citizenship; I believe no one should be tainted by what their ancestors did.  Only the ones with direct responsibility over what happened are "baddies".  It is good to remember history so it does not happen again, but one should see things with a critical mind... almost everyone involved in WWII was a "baddie" (and I mean both sides Axis and Allies), some by choice and others by necessity.  War is a sad thing.

2 hours ago, Strakurinn said:

Thank you to everyone that answered to my posting, specially the ones that stayed on the subject.  It was nice to read the other answers though...  as for the possibility to be labeled a "baddie" upon taking German citizenship; I believe no one should be tainted by what their ancestors did.  Only the ones with direct responsibility over what happened are "baddies".  It is good to remember history so it does not happen again, but one should see things with a critical mind... almost everyone involved in WWII was a "baddie" (and I mean both sides Axis and Allies), some by choice and others by necessity.  War is a sad thing.

People stayed on topic, things must getting more adult around here :lol:

I haven't read the thread, but did anyone suggest a short holiday to Poland? 

Then again, you joined in 2007, you know TT in all it's glory.

8 hours ago, cb6dba said:

People stayed on topic, things must getting more adult around here 

At least until you chimed in.