Bike routes Berlin/Brandenburg

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Any recommendation of bike routes in Berlin/Brandenburg with nice green areas and friendly terrain (No need for a mountain bike)?

Cheers!

Cyling along the south side of the Spree is nice, through Treptower park and Waldspielplatz Plänterwald. Or further out that way is Müggelsee which has it's own tarmacked bike path as well as the pedestrian path around the lake.

In my opinion, it is worthwhile to ride the Berliner Mauerweg over the course of several days/trips.     It is a great to observe the differences in the various areas of Berlin/Potsdam.  

Around Schloss Sacrow, it might be necessary to deviate from the actual route in favor of cycling on pavement, but otherwise, there is a paved trail, road, or sidewalk along the rest of the route.  

https://www.komoot.de/collection/713/der-berliner-mauerweg-in-3-etappen

Mostly anywhere in the Spreewald! Train to somewhere like Lübben, Lübbenau, Vetschau and cycle to your heart's content. There's a route called the Gurkenradweg as well as many riverside cycle tracks and the normal country roads are generally peaceful. Burg and its environs are lovely.

The Fläming Skate area, train to Juterbog.

You could get a train* to Frankfurt an der Oder and cycle up and down the river/canal. Surface is very good but unfortunately the route is used occasionally by motor vehicles, I fear they are even permitted, for maintenance/agriculture. Best to take enough to eat and drink, there are a few cafes but one can not be sure they are open. One may cycle for hours without passing a settlement with a food shop.

Do a lot of skaters use Flaeming Skate? If so, I should not fancy cycling there.

* trains back to Berlin Sunday evenings can get very full although they have a lot of space for cycles, one is advised to take another train (quite likely the next one is full too) or leave ones cycle at home and rent a cycle locally.

On 25/04/2021, 22:47:15, Loreto said:

Hi everyone!

Any recommendation of bike routes in Berlin/Brandenburg with nice green areas and friendly terrain (No need for a mountain bike)?

Cheers!

If you don't know about this I can recommend it, they have great suggestions for cycle routes, maps, navigation etc..

https://www.komoot.com/

Thanks everyone, I'll do them all during the next weeks and come back with some feedback!