Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Urgent help required permanent residency

30 posts in this topic

Fax?  Fax has advantage you have proof of delivery.  Letter (per Einschrieben with Ruckshein).

 

These people can help you if you need advice

 

UKNSF_EN | International Organization for Migration (iom.int)

 

Address it to the Auslanderämt.

 

BMI:    BMI - Constitution - Information for UK nationals and their family members about the right of residence provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement (bund.de)

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

On 23/04/2021, 12:55:17, Taffyhereford said:

The woman who's the head of foreign immigration told me in annoying because I've sent multiple emails. 

I couldn't care less. I'm securing my future here and will continue to correspond until they do their job and respect my rights.

 

Your rights haven't been violated and you not accomplishing anything by getting on everyone's nerves. You registered and provided them with information. The authorities confirmed your registration and provided you with written confirmation of your application. The authorities technically don't even need to issue you any documents before June 30, 2021. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, engelchen said:

 

 

 

 

 

Your rights haven't been violated and you not accomplishing anything by getting on everyone's nerves. You registered and provided them with information. The authorities confirmed your registration and provided you with written confirmation of your application. The authorities technically don't even need to issue you any documents before June 30, 2021. 

 

My only worry is if he has actually registered with the right people.  He has something back from the Burgeramt saying he has was a resident.  But here, at least, this is not enough.  I managed to contact the wrong Ausländeramt at first,  but they let me know and gave adress of the right one.  They then wrote back (after a couple of months).  I do not understand why he has not received anything saying his case is pending, such as I had.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

 

My only worry is if he has actually registered with the right people.  He has something back from the Burgeramt saying he has was a resident.  But here, at least, this is not enough.  I managed to contact the wrong Ausländeramt at first,  but they let me know and gave adress of the right one.  They then wrote back (after a couple of months).  I do not understand why he has not received anything saying his case is pending, such as I had.

 

 

He has a letter from the ABH acknowledging that he has fulfilled his obligation to notify them. The letter even confirms that he is allowed to work. Why do you think he might not have registered with the right people? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

 

My only worry is if he has actually registered with the right people.  He has something back from the Burgeramt saying he has was a resident.  But here, at least, this is not enough.  I managed to contact the wrong Ausländeramt at first,  but they let me know and gave adress of the right one.  They then wrote back (after a couple of months).  I do not understand why he has not received anything saying his case is pending, such as I had.

 

It's the right thing: "Confirmation of entry into ... blah blah... Austritt Großbritanniens... blah... European Union ... Atomgesellschaft... blah blah". I.e. this is specifically about Brexit and British citizens. That's not just confirming he was resident.

 

Maybe they've decided to gather applications until July and then start to hand out appointments for the next phase. No reason why they couldn't do that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, engelchen said:

 

He has a letter from the ABH acknowledging that he has fulfilled his obligation to notify them. The letter even confirms that he is allowed to work. Why do you think he might not have registered with the right people? 

 

Sorry.  I had only read the thing when he said his local Burgeramt had confimed he lived there.  And then confused about his continued anxiety and anger.

 

I scanned the letter he had been sent and thought it was merely proof that he had been living there since the date given.  As something that could be presented to the Ausländeramt, as part of his application.  My bad. Good to know he has done everything needed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following this thread with interest.

 

It seems we are ok for now.

 

But hearing some stories on Facebook.

(And I know we should take this with a grain of salt but..)

Some people say they were given "temporary residence"

 

Others even suggesting the requirement to give a bank statement is indicative of a necessity to show you can support yourself financially.

There's an official (supposedly) group on Facebook who claim to have taken part in the brexit withdrawl negotiations. *Citation needed* even they say that showing you have enough savings "may" be a requirement.

 

Based on this I'm reluctant to pursue the application process without first putting all my savings and holding off getting a new (bigger) apartment because of a new 8 pound addition to the family, because I'm worried the drastically reduced savings amount. Which is over 2 thousand simply for a deposit, before furniture is even looked out *may* effect our application.

 

All this would be solved if simply the foreigners office were communicative. But they aren't.

In my defence the first 3 emails I sent had over a month between.

The response was vague, short and concise. Ignoring several of my questions.

Phone calls were ignored so I began emailing more often but imo not recessively maybe twice a week. 

 

Well if they just answered once properly I would be happy. Being particularly articulate myself, especially vocally. I feel I can safely say their response was *poor*

 

It isn't enough to just say keep waiting.

We have a family here and certain plans we need to make are effected by their unresponsiveness. Not to mention it has cost me 2 job possibilities already. 

When simply the employer wanted a written confirmation I could stay and work (2 months no reply) when I finally got the letter I uploaded here, the job possibility had passed.

And it would have been a great one. Perks, career prospects. Great wage and transport provided.

 

I am not normally one to complain. Live a quiet life and keep to myself. 

This to me just seems unprofessional, because I could do a better job myself. For.definite

 

Oh and not sure how covid can always be used as an excuse. Even when you're job only involves emailing and you're working from home. 

Smells like shirking to me but oh well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

58 minutes ago, Taffyhereford said:

Phone calls were ignored so I began emailing more often but imo not recessively maybe twice a week. 

 

Twice a week is excessive. No wonder you are being ignored.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taffyhereford said:

But hearing some stories on Facebook.

(And I know we should take this with a grain of salt but..)

Some people say they were given "temporary residence"

If you've been here less than 5 years you get "temporary residence". The difference is if you leave for more than 6 months you lose your residence (some exceptions), whereas someone with with "permanent" residence can leave for up to 5 years. As long as you don't do that and continue to be eligible under the old FOM, the right lasts forever, although the card will need renewing (I think it was 10 years).

 

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/DE/themen/verfassung/brexit/faqs-brexit.html

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0