Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Urgent help required permanent residency

30 posts in this topic

I have been constantly contacting the city of filderstadt in order to get our permanent residency.

Apparently due to some software problem (idk?)

All we have been given is a  letter confirming that we came here in 2020 and directly registered our residency.

But it states quite clearly that IT IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT TO STAY.

this is odd. Because my research into this and keeping up to date on the withdrawal agreement.

All British who came and registered their address in 2020 can stay. Permanently.

There are no conditions. Not even employment. (Which was sketchy in 2020 but not now)

This is rather unsettling. We have a home, employment and a German born baby here.

How long should this go on?

I've even resorted to contacting Berlin who state in no uncertain terms that we can stay and there are no requirements under the withdrawal agreement.

Obviously they couldn't help though. And directed me to Baden Württemberg

(Who just continuously don't help)

This is really getting nowhere. Exactly what can I do. If I have to. I will even consult a lawyer.

Regards

https://britishingermany.org/2020/12/04/residency-in-germany-after-transition/

So what do UK citizens in Germany need to do now?

Contact your local Foreigner’s Office (Ausländerbehörde) asap*  You can tell them that in accordance with § 16 FreizügG/EU and Article 18 (4) of the Withdrawal Agreement, you wish to:
    • Notify them of your residence in Germany, having exercised your free movement rights under EU law
    • Request that they issue you with a residence document (Aufenthaltstitel-GB)

If only it was this easy !!! My emails are falling on deaf ears 😟😑😤

I am in BW and it has been smooth so far.   Have electronic document though my actual plastic card has not come through yet.   You do have to actually apply though, and the link to their online application form does not work.  Have you told them that?  Have you spoken to Frau Hamrani?

Dienstleistungen - Filderstadt Brexit - Aufenthaltsrecht nach dem Austrittsabkommen nachweisen

Frau Hamrani
Telefon 0711 7003 422
Fax 0711 7003 347
Aufgaben Ausländerwesen

This is the root of my problem.

Where I mentioned them referring to some "software problem"

I keep chasing up on this as the deadline is June 31.

And they are getting annoyed. But things are moving nowhere.

Now I would be fine with this. If I didn't feel threatened.

But Peter Fricker who works in immigration integration at filderstadt.

Told me I may or may not be able to stay ?!

My daughter is here and if I can't stay I lose access to my daughter.

I've done everything I should. Registered every residency (there's been 3) all forms all paper work.

I'm not one to easily get stressed at things but I have a home here. A job I've fully furnished the property from scratch!

I'm quite literally panicking. Because this looks like I've left this to the last minute. And I haven't. I've got the emails as proof since August 2020.

Fortunately I have money for a lawyer if it comes down to it. 

I've quite frankly had enough of all this

thanksI'm emailing the contact in your message

Have you done the registration? It's not really clear. That't the bit you're meant to do by 30th June. There's no question of not being able to stay as long as you satisfied freedom of movement beforehand.

You only need to notify them that you were in Germany before 31 Dec by end of June. Therefore you have done what is required and will be ok. 
Once you get the appointment and they have your signature, fingerprint etc. you can ask for a fiktionsbeschinigung (sp) if you need to prove that you have the right to stay before the card is issued. The person at the ausanderamt cannot state that you will be allowed to stay until you have your appointment, but it would have helped if he had told you that you will have no problem and to bear with them until they can see you. 
You have done all you need to do, and you have no problem so relax! Some places are going to be seeing people next year for appointments at the current rate of progress :lol:  

46 minutes ago, SusieT said:

You only need to notify them that you were in Germany before 31 Dec by end of June. Therefore you have done what is required and will be ok. 
Once you get the appointment and they have your signature, fingerprint etc. you can ask for a fiktionsbeschinigung (sp) if you need to prove that you have the right to stay before the card is issued. The person at the ausanderamt cannot state that you will be allowed to stay until you have your appointment, but it would have helped if he had told you that you will have no problem and to bear with them until they can see you. 
You have done all you need to do, and you have no problem so relax! Some places are going to be seeing people next year for appointments at the current rate of progress :lol:  

Hi. Yes.

I registered with the local authority  that I live here. (First in garmish then in filderstadt)

I got a document back which confirms my name and address is registered.

But also clearly states it is not a right to remain in Germany.

I wish I could upload that document which is 70k but this size says the maximum file size is 250k. 🙄🤔

It's the part about the deadline that's panicking me. And the fact their system is still down. 

What am I going to do in June when they have a huge backlog and send me back to the United Kingdom.

I contacted Berlin I assumed the capital might be able to intervene . Everything's working smoothly there but they aren't interested they just direct me back to Baden Württemberg.

The situation with employment is tricky. Because while there's a part time job. Every employer I come across doesn't understand the situation with brexit. And the problems in Baden Württemberg getting permanent residency.

Therefore they insist on some kind of photograph i.d which confirms my permanent residency.

Failing that the application falls through. I've lost the possibility for 3 decent full time jobs as a result. And only cling onto my part time job because I got it when Britain was still European.

So I'm having a family court and the social services intervene with my access to my 6 month old baby.

And what can I say in court. Except I only have a part time job and my position here isn't officially secured yet.

I have to admit it looks bad to the judge.

Thank you for your posts. 

I'm going to request that fiktionsbeschinigung

Because I'm pretty sure the document I got isn't one of those👌🏻👍🏻

Finally got it uploaded.

That's all I have so far

(Other than the forms confirming registration of my 3 addresses since being here)

Polish_20210421_182308230_compress69.jpg

25 minutes ago, Taffyhereford said:

Finally got it uploaded.

That's all I have so far

(Other than the forms confirming registration of my 3 addresses since being here)

Polish_20210421_182308230_compress69.jpg

That is fine, the letter is proof that you have notified them, therefore you can wait for the appointment. The document cannot say that you can officially stay until you have had  the appointment and given them your fingerprints. You have done all that is legally required of you, they cannot make you leave and you will get the card (a couple of months) after they have sorted their problems out and seen you. You can officially relax and at some point later this year you will be seen :D 

2 minutes ago, SusieT said:

That is fine, the letter is proof that you have notified them, therefore you can wait for the appointment. The document cannot say that you can officially stay until you have had  the appointment and given them your fingerprints. You have done all that is legally required of you, they cannot make you leave and you will get the card (a couple of months) after they have sorted their problems out and seen you. You can officially relax and at some point later this year you will be seen :D 

Hi thanks very much for confirming this.

It's such a relief

Just now, Taffyhereford said:

Hi thanks very much for confirming this.

It's such a relief

I know the feeling only too well  :D

4 minutes ago, SusieT said:

Did you have a similar problem?

Btw how is your German language coming along. I can't get to grips with der. Die das or what order to put words in. As the position of words seems to skip from the end to the middle depending on what other words are added.

I've only been using an app though so I'm going to look for professional lessons.

3 minutes ago, Taffyhereford said:

Btw how is your German language coming along. I can't get to grips with der. Die das or what order to put words in. As the position of words seems to skip from the end to the middle depending on what other words are added.

I've only been using an app though so I'm going to look for professional lessons.

I had different problems! My language is improving, since I decided to ignore the order of words and which der die and das etc. goes with them I am learning more words more easily, so the vocabulary is getting a lot bigger, but the grammar stays the same. It works better for me and the people I see on a day to day basis understand me so its a lot more relaxed now in my little world :lol:

9 hours ago, SusieT said:

I had different problems! My language is improving, since I decided to ignore the order of words and which der die and das etc. goes with them I am learning more words more easily, so the vocabulary is getting a lot bigger, but the grammar stays the same. It works better for me and the people I see on a day to day basis understand me so its a lot more relaxed now in my little world :lol:

9 hours ago, SusieT said:

Great idea !

I'll definitely try that. But not with Duolingo. It doesn't forgive bad grammar

That letter is the same as mine, except mine says it only applies until 31st December. Seems like Filderstadt are being more pessimistic about how long it's going to take than Stuttgart. It should be all the proof you need for work (plus your passport probably) but of course this all relies on employers knowing that. 

I've often thought if I ignore genders and the crazy backwards word order I could speak the language much more fluently and would be understood. But you'll always sound like a foreigner who hasn't learned the language properly, so I think it's better to "play the long game" and try and get it right. Duolingo only gets you to a basic level; lots of people will give you lessons on Skype relatively cheaply and you don't need to leave the house.

On 22/04/2021, 07:19:54, Dembo said:

On 21/04/2021, 21:19:50, SusieT said:

On 21/04/2021, 21:05:27, SusieT said:

Sorry about the post above not sure what happened.

What you said is exactly right.

Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much filderstadt think that letter is everything you need, what matters is what employers know. 

The fact is nobody has ever actually left the European Union before it's unprecedented. So employers are going to feel cautious about hiring anyone with a British passport, knowing about Brexit.

Unless you're lucky and come across the one employer that has first hand knowledge. 

I haven't yet. I've tried to explain to prospective employers but in my experience the applications fall through.

The woman who's the head of foreign immigration told me in annoying because I've sent multiple emails. 

I couldn't care less. I'm securing my future here and will continue to correspond until they do their job and respect my rights.

But anyways rant over 🙄

9 hours ago, Taffyhereford said:

Sorry about the post above not sure what happened.

What you said is exactly right.

Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much filderstadt think that letter is everything you need, what matters is what employers know. 

The fact is nobody has ever actually left the European Union before it's unprecedented. So employers are going to feel cautious about hiring anyone with a British passport, knowing about Brexit.

Unless you're lucky and come across the one employer that has first hand knowledge. 

I haven't yet. I've tried to explain to prospective employers but in my experience the applications fall through.

The woman who's the head of foreign immigration told me in annoying because I've sent multiple emails. 

I couldn't care less. I'm securing my future here and will continue to correspond until they do their job and respect my rights.

But anyways rant over 🙄

It is worth printing out the page about Brexit on the BMI page, that can help them understand the situation from a source that they know is official. There are other references but that one seems to be the best and easiest o understand.

On 21/04/2021, 18:17:24, snowingagain said:

🙄

Her email doesn't work.

What's the BMI page sorry

On 21/04/2021, 18:17:24, snowingagain said:

I am in BW and it has been smooth so far.   Have electronic document though my actual plastic card has not come through yet.   You do have to actually apply though, and the link to their online application form does not work.  Have you told them that?  Have you spoken to Frau Hamrani?

Dienstleistungen - Filderstadt Brexit - Aufenthaltsrecht nach dem Austrittsabkommen nachweisen

Frau Hamrani
Telefon 0711 7003 422
Fax 0711 7003 347
Aufgaben Ausländerwesen

Her email isn't working