Garbage left in front of our building

10 posts in this topic

A young couple left a bunch of (full) yellow garbage bags in front of our building and drove away!

The garbage collection for the yellow bags unfortunately takes place in a couple of weeks.

I did not think fast enough to take a picture, but I did memorize the licence plate.

Can I do something about it by reporting it somewhere? Or is my word not enough proof for something like that?

We live next to an attractive leafy stretch of canal which unfortunately attracts a lot of flytipping - presumably done in the dead of night.

I would not hesitate to make a report if I had a numberplate.

In our Kreis there is a MüllMelder App where one can report illegally dumped stuff.

You enter the location (or let GPS do the work), your details and a photo plus description.

I have used it a number of times as stuff gets dumped in hedgerows & ditches & it gets cleared up.

On a couple of occasions I reveived a mail asking to help locate the stuff - an annointed Google-Map sufficed.

All power to the OP's elbow.

Hopefully the perps have disposed of correspondence or envelopes with their name and address on to back up your information.

Most places have a Wertstoffhof where one may drop rubbish, mostly without charge, there are containers for metal, electrics, wood etc. Not sure what stuff is charged for or why. There is one near me, it even opens Saturdays.

14 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Most places have a Wertstoffhof where one may drop rubbish, mostly without charge, there are containers for metal, electrics, wood etc. Not sure what stuff is charged for or why. There is one near me, it even opens Saturdays.

Used to be one next to my office in Hamburg. When they saw my license plates (SH) they told me to go away.

Whenever I go to the SH dump, after a cellar clearout, seems to a lottery ticket as to whether

the carboot full is free or  costs €5,00 

Even old paint, engine oils, 5litre canisters of unnamed yuchy fluid. All for under €5

Never did understand why people drive into the countryside to drop matresses...

10 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

Never did understand why people drive into the countryside to drop matresses...

If it was only matrasses. Here in Cyprus they´re dumping fridges, TV sets, sofas, suitcases... near the beach. It makes my blood boil.:angry:

Same here on Crete, jeba. Of course, they also dump their dogs in rubbish bins. Ah well, just a rant 🙁