Anlage V in tax declaration (property rentals)

2 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

My situation:  I own 2 studio apartments in Berlin that I have been renting out since several years. I am however not resident in Germany. I declare Est1C + Anlage V every year, but I probably haven't been doing it exactly as I should. I'd like to try and get it right this year !  I might save some tax too !

Firstly, I rent my flats annually, at a flat monthly rate with all included (warmmiete). So I don't look at Nebenkosten etc. Usually I just put my rent received in line 9 of Anlage V and the total of costs (Hausgeld + electricity + repairs) in line 22. The tax office has been happy with this up until now, but is it realy ok?

Secondly, for the depreciation, I need to do this correctly too. In the past I have hoped the tax office takes this into consideration based simply on my Unit Value number and purchase date. However, I suspect this isn't enough. I guess I need to do line 33 too. Anybody who can give me some tips for this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, I'm going to add on another question to the above. If my only income in Germany is rental income and I am not resident in Germany, can I still claim for some expenses such as administrative equipment or communication costs? Would this be declared in Est1C or Anlage V? Thanks