Which place is the best to live in Germany

11 posts in this topic

Which place is the best to live in Germany?

Apartment prices, jobs, entertainment... 

Do you know the "triangle of project management"? 

In case you don't - here's a quick refresher:
every project has three aspects: good - fast - cheap. You can pick any two. So "best" depends on your priorities.

If you want cheap and fast, it may not be as good.
If you prefer good and cheap, it won't be fast.

If you pick fast and good, it can't be cheap.

Your project's three aspects are: cost of living, availability of jobs, and entertainment.

If your profile is correct - you are in fact in Munich - you know exactly what I mean: there's abundance of job opportunities and all kinds of entertainment, but that comes at a price. 

For me, the best place in Germany is where I live right now. Close to the most beautiful city in the world (just my opinion): Munich - but not right in it (so that I can still afford my house). As far as job choices go, Im very flexible - I work in I.T., from home office or remote. I'm sure there are lots of beautiful places in Germany - but what one person loves, another my hate. You have to make up your own mind.

15 hours ago, alien7 said:

Which place is the best to live in Germany?

Apartment prices, jobs, entertainment... 

Berlin of course :wub:

Forst.

Small, personable, quiet, off the beaten track. Great for people who are bothered by things like infrastructure etc.

OP - you have been a member of TT since 2013, wouldn't it have been a good idea to have asked us before your last move? :lol:

Forst in Baden?

in 2013 I had not much choices, just moved wherever job offer was :) 

Berlin for sure. 
It is international, it offers many opportunities even if the cost of living is not low.

Where I am :D 
Anywhere away from cities and big towns, trains and major transport links. An airport within an hour is acceptable!

There are at least two Forsts and at least two Frankfurts in Germany, perhaps people could use the suffixes to indicate which one they mean. There is even a nice little Berlin (Kreis Segeberg ).