auslanderbehorde appointment during COVID?

3 posts in this topic

Hey all :)

My visa doesn't expire until December, but I'm hoping to get an appointment sooner and not wait until the last moment. I currently have a work permit, but for the last year I have qualified for a blue card and I prefer to change so I can get permanent residency sooner. However, for months every time I check for an appointment there are none available. 

is there some other way to get one? in normal times I would just get up suuuper early and get a walk in appointment, but obviously that is not possible now

I'm always worried something could happen that means I can't get an appointment and (who knows) the economy tanks again, I loose my job (unlikely, but thanks anxiety!) and then have to leave because my visa expired and I couldnt renew it in time... so just for my nerves, I prefer get it taken care of as quickly as possible

thank you!

Try checking for appointments at 8am and refresh the screen as often as possible until 9am as that is the hour where people are most likely to cancel and one suddenly become available. Its just a case of obsessively trying as often as possible and hoping one opens up for you

58 minutes ago, ExPattheDog said:

My visa doesn't expire until December, but I'm hoping to get an appointment sooner and not wait until the last moment. I currently have a work permit

They are currently trying to deal with applicants whose permits are already expired or about to expire soon. Processing a renewal 8 months early is not a priority at the moment. 

Just send them a short email with the info they require and a copy of your employment contract (optional, but might motivate someone to process your request).

https://www.berlin.de/einwanderung/ueber-uns/aktuelles/artikel.1041742.php