Opinion: what do we expect after this covid-crisis???

32 posts in this topic

Hello Folk,

I just open this thread to ask (and share) some opinion about the next steps coming after covid: do you think taxes will be increased? In which sector? Stocks? Housing? Employment salary??

Are there discussion already in place? And what do you think will be done??

Why would taxes be increased?

IMO there will be an economical boom for 2 years and a sovereign debt crisis within 3-4 years.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Why would taxes be increased?

IMO there will be an economical boom for 2 years and a sovereign debt crisis within 3-4 years.

I read somewhere that people working from home would be getting a 5% tax reduction. It was a while ago so I can't ay if that info has changed, I also can't say which tax will be reduced.

Could juts be the church tax :lol:

Any prognostic would be speculation, this thing will occupy us for the next five years at least. But if I were to speculate I would say that the rich will get richer, the middle class will slide to the poor and the inequity gap will widen, it´s already tending to this but Corvid will accelerate the process. Vanity projects like environmental protection or social programs and foreign aid will get their funding cut and the big winner will be China.

On 10/4/2021, 08:08:27, slammer said:

Any prognostic would be speculation, this thing will occupy us for the next five years at least. But if I were to speculate I would say that the rich will get richer, the middle class will slide to the poor and the inequity gap will widen, it´s already tending to this but Corvid will accelerate the process. Vanity projects like environmental protection or social programs and foreign aid will get their funding cut and the big winner will be China.

I agree with you completely!

On 10.4.2021, 08:08:27, slammer said:

People blaming Corvids for so much.  Stone the crows.

51 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

And?

And what? Is there something wrong with one person saying they agree with another person's opinion?

43 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

And what? Is there something wrong with one person saying they agree with another person's opinion?

And what has it got to do with you?

On 7.4.2021, 09:45:38, karmakoma said:

Hello Folk,

I just open this thread to ask (and share) some opinion about the next steps coming after covid: do you think taxes will be increased? In which sector? Stocks? Housing? Employment salary??

Are there discussion already in place? And what do you think will be done??

apart from this entire post being wrong in so many ways, I'll entertain the thought...

1, what makes you think that there's ever going to be an "after covid"? Covid is here to stay, we'll have to learn to live with it.

2, which tax would you like to see raised in what country?  I would like to see import tax raised everywhere - putting an end to "outsourcing" of industries and helping the local economy in every country.

3, discussion is, of course, going on about everything, all the time, everywhere. 

4, I don't think about what other people will do. I wait and see what affects me personally - and then think about my own personal options.

On 4/7/2021, 11:44:56, cb6dba said:

I read somewhere that people working from home would be getting a 5% tax reduction.

Why should they do that ?

I know extra expense with electricity etc but isn´t that between the employee and employer ?

40 minutes ago, karin_brenig said:

apart from this entire post being wrong in so many ways, I'll entertain the thought...

1, what makes you think that there's ever going to be an "after covid"? Covid is here to stay, we'll have to learn to live with it.

2, which tax would you like to see raised in what country?  I would like to see import tax raised everywhere - putting an end to "outsourcing" of industries and helping the local economy in every country.

3, discussion is, of course, going on about everything, all the time, everywhere. 

4, I don't think about what other people will do. I wait and see what affects me personally - and then think about my own personal options.

So basically you´re just telling him "fuck off your post is boring,not interested in a discussion".

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

No idea, it was mentioned in a few places, I didn't take much notice of it at the time.

I can only guess it is because the government do not want to push even more cost on to companies.

We haven't done our tax return for 2020 yet, I guess I'll find out more when we do. 

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

To encourage people to stay at home and not spread the virus? 

2 hours ago, karin_brenig said:

what makes you think that there's ever going to be an "after covid"?

I think he means after the covid hysteria has died down and we return to normal. 

Remember that life returned to normal after the Spanish flu of 1918 - when we had no vaccines to stop it incidentally.

It would be interesting to see if there were any variety in post-Covid lifestyle, politics, philosophy depending on which nation or region. Or will some kind of mass mindset evolve?

23 minutes ago, Hedger said:

It would be interesting to see if there were any variety in post-Covid lifestyle, politics, philosophy depending on which nation or region. Or will some kind of mass mindset evolve?

I told you to ask this on Friday.  Thanks for waiting.

One thing has happened, people working from home, doing their stuff on cheap Ikea furniture have started to get all the aches and pains and other ailments associated with working in a 1970ties company before they had to invest in ergonomic office equipment.

It also seem to be ending the American 7 Bucks an hour "slave" labour and it has shown us how inadequate the digital infrastructure actually is.

Immediately at the beginning of the pandemic,  my wife's company allowed staff to bring office chairs home, which they had to pick up by appointment. They already had a home office supply system for docking stations and monitors in place. Last summer, they authorized their suppliers to give corporate pricing to staff for standing desks with motors and now she has that. They also recorded and made a library of the sports classes offered by the company.  She feels better than ever.

Her boss even said she could work from anywhere if she wanted to go to the US with me for a month or two next year. The company has begun home delivery of COVID-19 tests in case staff have to come into the office.

With all of the savings on utilities and building maintenance, why wouldn't every company do this?