Experience or Suggestion for a new Toyota Car in Munich...

17 posts in this topic

Hello Folk,

I am looking for buying a new car (Toyota Yaris), and all options (2nd hand old model or brand new model) are valid...but I wanted to ask if someone has experience with handlaer around Munich or in Munich and if you can suggest someone specific for Toyota.

Thank you!!

Definitely try Gerd Gallner at Autohaus Gallner in Weilheim. Dealt with him for many vehicles over a 20 year period. Excellent service and very trustworthy.

Just a tip: My wife has a Toyota Yaris 1.5 litre Benziner (not hybrid) with manual 6-speed gearbox & is VERY happy with it.

Bought it as a Tageszulassung.  Have had it for just over 3 years now.  Only thing its missing is a Tempomat.

Its fun to drive & has plenty of power & is economical.  I also like driving it  - only problem is one sits so low that for me getting in/out is not so easy.

42 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Better even, heated seats.

My wife's Yaris has those.  When our daughter drives the car she always leaves the seat heating turned on...

48 minutes ago, HEM said:

My wife's Yaris has those.  When our daughter drives the car she always leaves the seat heating turned on...

Well, nicer cars turn it off automatically :)

Most people are unaware, but heated seats are more efficent than heating up the whole car with the AC. You also go from negative temperature to comfy in 3-5 minutes with heated seats.

2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Better even, heated seats.

Necessary in Munich.

I would prefer a car with ventilated seats.

My seat is warm after five minutes, but my back is completely wet after 30 minutes in summer.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Well, nicer cars turn it off automatically :)

Most people are unaware, but heated seats are more efficent than heating up the whole car with the AC. You also go from negative temperature to comfy in 3-5 minutes with heated seats.

I know about their "feeling" efficiency.  But I hate heated seats with all my heart.   Maybe I only had bad heated seat implementations in my life, but I loath them.

I'm with you, Krieg. We have them but I seldom use mine. We preheat the whole car with the Standheizung before going down to the garage or going to the car anywhere when it is cold.

Heated seats make me feel like I'm peeing in my pants.

I've had 2 cars with heated seats. The Mercedes was nice, but too spotty. It would only heat up parts of the seat and not enough on the back.

With the Tesla, I do as @fraufruit, I pre-heat the car, but sometimes I don't, so I use the seat heaters. In the Tesla it works much better, very good heat distribution, including on the back.

I am with the cannot stand heated seats club, whenever i go in someone elses car and they are switched on by defalaut, I ask for them to be switched off, the driver does it, but just cannot understand it.

I forgot to mention that I need an automatic gearbox and the choice among the market for b/a segment to get something reliable for minimun 5/6 years (15.000 km per year) is not so much.

My list:

Old Yaris Hybrid

New Yaris with CVT (oil not hybrid)

Aygo with Robotic MMT (Which I have read bad and good...)

Citroen C3 with Eat6 

Please go ahead with your opinion and suggestions...I am interested!

8 hours ago, karmakoma said:

Why no hybrid?

Car is more expensive to buy and the minimum you save on gas is offset by the added maintenance. Hybrids are just bad.

Plug-in hybrid is another thing, but AFAIK Toyota has none on that price range. A plug-in hybrid that can be charged everyday can be cost effective. But a simple hybrid is not.

If your objective is to save money, and if you do enough km, convert it to LPG.

I would definitely go for a hybrid. I own a Toyota Auris hybrid which now has 115 000km and my brother owns a Prius which now has 250 000km. We've never had any mechanical issues. In both cases maintenance costs are super low and actually lower than with a non-hybrid (less wear and tear on the brakes thanks to the regenerative breaking. And we've never had any issues with the battery), the mileages is amazing, especially if you're using it a lot in urban areas (basically most of the time you're below 50km/h you're full electric). Plus, not only is it better for the environment, but I also find it very nice to get in my Tiefgarage without having the smell of the fumes when I step out of the car. 

And there's a good reason hybrid Toyotas are the vehicles of choice for Taxis: super reliable and very cheap to operate. These guys depend on it for their living, so I would definitely trust their instincts :)

Of course does't beat a full electric vehicle (which would be my upgrade for the next car if we manage to get the owner's association to agree to the charging station in the Tiefgarage). 

13 hours ago, FrenchguyinMunich said:

I would definitely go for a hybrid. I own a Toyota Auris hybrid which now has 115 000km and my brother owns a Prius which now has 250 000km. We've never had any mechanical issues. In both cases maintenance costs are super low and actually lower than with a non-hybrid (less wear and tear on the brakes thanks to the regenerative breaking. And we've never had any issues with the battery), the mileages is amazing, especially if you're using it a lot in urban areas (basically most of the time you're below 50km/h you're full electric). Plus, not only is it better for the environment, but I also find it very nice to get in my Tiefgarage without having the smell of the fumes when I step out of the car. 

And there's a good reason hybrid Toyotas are the vehicles of choice for Taxis: super reliable and very cheap to operate. These guys depend on it for their living, so I would definitely trust their instincts :)

Of course does't beat a full electric vehicle (which would be my upgrade for the next car if we manage to get the owner's association to agree to the charging station in the Tiefgarage). 

I assume you own a plug in hybrid. Please correct me if I am wrong

Probably not -

14 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

if we manage to get the owner's association to agree to the charging station in the Tiefgarage