Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Middle finger decals on cars

13 posts in this topic

So there's a few old threads here about giving the finger being a terrible Beleidigung and leading to a fine from the police, but if that is true, why do I see a decal of someone giving me the finger on a car literally every day? Is this somehow freedom of expression? Can I take a decal of a minion flipping the bird with me wherever I go and show it off whenever someone cuts in the line at REWE, and avoid the dreaded Beleidigungsbußgeld and associated Strafverfahren? I'm honestly pretty curious about this.

For those of you who haven't seen these, get out of Prenzlauer Berg, Schwabing, Blankenese, Westend, or whatever uptight suburb you live in for a day or two. Try the "new federal states".

512FReMOTdL._AC_.jpg

If you give someone the finger, you could be in for a legal hassle. But if you stick one of those on your car, no big deal. It's all explained here.

As a rule, a sticker does not constitute an "insult" unless it is directly directed against a specific person or group of persons. The affixing of such stickers to a private vehicle can be considered a personal expression of opinion, which is protected by the provisions on freedom of opinion in Article 5 of the Basic Law.

35 minutes ago, silty1 said:

If you give someone the finger, you could be in for a legal hassle. But if you stick one of those on your car, no big deal. It's all explained here.

As a rule, a sticker does not constitute an "insult" unless it is directly directed against a specific person or group of persons. The affixing of such stickers to a private vehicle can be considered a personal expression of opinion, which is protected by the provisions on freedom of opinion in Article 5 of the Basic Law.

That page is amazingly detailed but I would never have looked there because putting a sticker on your car is not fucking tuning. It is rather interesting and bizarre that the same sticker is somehow a Beleidigung if I just pasted "BMW drivers" next to it. Thanks! It also answers some other things I've wondered about in terms of blocked vision and so on.

I'll print up a T-shirt and every now and again feel a Kreislaufstörung and need to open my jacket...

56 minutes ago, mainzigartig said:

It is rather interesting and bizarre that the same sticker is somehow a Beleidigung if I just pasted "BMW drivers" next to it.

You'd be right, too -  especially if their license plate begins with PI

bmw: bin masslos wichtig %)

I do not care if the vehicle in front displays a Stinkefinger, I drop back to lose sight of it. Problematischer sind the tick lists where autohumorists indicate how many grannies, dogs, etc they have dealt with, das kann doch nicht Humor sein, but whether it interests the Gendarmes?

On 6. April 2021 um 22:06:01, fraufruit said:

I prefer simply saying "fuck you" and then denying that I said it.

The Dutch Prime Minister would say:"I don't have an active memory on that."

14 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

bmw: bin masslos wichtig big money waste or bought my wife

FTFY.

On 4/6/2021, 10:14:59, mainzigartig said:

So there's a few old threads here about giving the finger being a terrible Beleidigung and leading to a fine from the police, but if that is true, why do I see a decal of someone giving me the finger on a car literally every day? Is this somehow freedom of expression? Can I take a decal of a minion flipping the bird with me wherever I go and show it off whenever someone cuts in the line at REWE, and avoid the dreaded Beleidigungsbußgeld and associated Strafverfahren? I'm honestly pretty curious about this.

For those of you who haven't seen these, get out of Prenzlauer Berg, Schwabing, Blankenese, Westend, or whatever uptight suburb you live in for a day or two. Try the "new federal states".

512FReMOTdL._AC_.jpg

You can draw Prophet Muhammad on your car, this is free speech. But if you park your can in front of a mosque exactly at the time of religious service, and it will be proven that you only park it during the service for no apparent reason, you might be charged with disturbing religious service...

So, you are free to drive your car with middle finger, as well as stand in the middle of the city and show the middle finger: as soon as you do not intend to offend a specific person, you are free. 

Minions are cute little creatures, sure they do not mean any harm. Certainly not on vehicles marked OHV, Ossis Haben Vorfahrt

I did see a volkswagen pickup with 'fuehrerhaus' in oldstyle script on the cabin, and another 'zyankali'. Should I note the Kennzeichen and tell the cops?

Just spotted that this is under humour\cars, so I offer my interpretation of the Kennzeichen for Wolfsburg: Wessi Ohne Bildung.