Constant disconnects with new Telekom line - what can I do?

30 posts in this topic

One question for the experts.

If we switch to the 250 Mbps service, given that the current 100 Mbps service only synched at ~60, are we going to get any speed increase due to super-vectoring technology used?

probably not...   in my opinion, vectoring seems to introduce problems...

3 hours ago, lewton said:

One question for the experts.

If we switch to the 250 Mbps service, given that the current 100 Mbps service only synched at ~60, are we going to get any speed increase due to super-vectoring technology used?

First check at telecom website what's the maximum allowed bandwidth at your Adresse. If its say 250 mbps, then you will get 250mbps.

not true...

telekom and all others say "Bis xxMbps"  unless you have 175 available but you order a 100 line...  

47 minutes ago, vivanco said:

First check at telecom website what's the maximum allowed bandwidth at your Adresse. If its say 250 mbps, then you will get 250mbps.

That's not really guaranteed though.  It's advertised as "up to" so you could theoretically get 250 but usually it's a bit less. 

It does say 250 Mbps, but anyway I am really happy with this 60/20 service I am enjoying at the moment (and the pings!).

I have a very similar problem. Telekom De says it's not their problem. The house phone wiring is a hotchpotch of sockets and cables everywhere. So I will rewire. What do I need? The incoming termination box is easy to get at. But from what I've discovered so far I might need a through connection Vdü-dsl device. (L-tek website) what is this and if needed what is it. It is inline between the incomer cable and the router. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Bloodnock said:

I have a very similar problem. Telekom De says it's not their problem. The house phone wiring is a hotchpotch of sockets and cables everywhere. So I will rewire. What do I need? The incoming termination box is easy to get at. But from what I've discovered so far I might need a through connection Vdü-dsl device. (L-tek website) what is this and if needed what is it. It is inline between the incomer cable and the router. Any help would be much appreciated.

While I was writing this, I lost connection once again.

You can get a Telekom guy to come round and check what is happening with the disruption. I had a similar situation when we upgraded to a different type of router and the Telekom guy came round and dismantled a couple of other connection points. It seemed to sort it.