Berlin Corona Vaccinations

109 posts in this topic

I was told at the Impfzentrum to download CovPass if traveling internationally 馃

Seems like other countries in the EU only recognize that one聽

Seems like other countries in the EU only recognize that one

Good to know.

According to the CovPass FAQ, they're currently working on an English language version of the app.

On 9.7.2021, 07:10:48, Santitas said:

I was told at the Impfzentrum to download CovPass if traveling internationally 馃

Seems like other countries in the EU only recognize that one聽

Isn't CovPass the official EU app? I downloaded it via the public information office website of Cyprus.

No idea. They had two different apps available for download, but the recommended app was CovPass for international travel.

I just had my first shot at Messe Berlin, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am.

I had heard about how horribly organized the vaccination centers were, so I brought enough drinks and snacks for 3 hours of standing in line, so you can imagine my disappointment that it took a full 22 minutes from ingress to egress, including the recommended 15 minutes' waiting time after the shot. At least I know what I'm having for dinner, I guess.

From the horror stories I've read on the internets, I expected to see people keeling over left and right, requiring acute medical attention in the recovery area, as their bodies learn to deal with all the poisons and microchips that are being implanted. Again, disappointed.

After I got home, I assumed I'd be able to summon the TV remote from the coffee table with a mere wave, but it didn't work. Magnetism my ass - I can't even get a paperclip to stick to me.

I was also hoping that my home WiFi network speed would be boosted, thanks to the chip that's been injected in my upper arm, but I guess I need the second shot for that to kick in.

Here's hoping.

1 minute ago, El Jeffo said:

Here's hoping.

What about your 5G capability?聽 Has Bill G. called you up already?

On 07/07/2021, 12:53:58, john_b said:

Got a new appointment for my second jab next week at my Hausarzt. It will be a Kreuzimpfung - don't know which one yet.

I'm glad not to have to wait till August 7th, the original date for my聽second AZ jab.

All went according to plan yesterday - the second shot was BionTech.

Apart from being a bit tired yesterday evening and聽an ache in my arm that is still there this morning, no noticeable side effects this time.

Onward and upward...

If you're still waiting for your second dose, you can just show up at one of the centers and get it early if you want. I guess there's some minimum time from the first dose, maybe four weeks between biontech or moderna, but the six-week wait isn't mandatory.

Me at the ice rink today, talking to the man at the front gate:

"I have an appointment for Saturday, for my second dose, but I'd like to do it today."

I show him the e-mail about the appointment, which they needed to see last time.

Him: "Your appointment is for Saturday, today is Wednesday."

Me: "Yes, but I'd like to do it today."

Him: (Long sentence that I didn't quite catch, but something to the effect that it's not possible for one to attend a Saturday appointment when it's not Saturday.)

Me: "Um. I'd like to get a vaccination without an appointment."

Him: "Without an appointment? Sure, go right in."

Me, about forty minutes later, leaving with my QR code: "Yay!"

You could jave just changed the appointment for the same day, there are so many free appointments in Berlin at the moment that you can get one for the next hour.

But your exchange with that person was indeed funny.