Berlin Corona Vaccinations

109 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2021, 6:33:16, Santitas said:

The guy who was assisting the doctor mentioned that tons of people aren’t showing up for their appointments, nor are they cancelling them. If you’ve double booked an appt or have just changed your mind, please cancel it for the sake of others! 

A friend of mine was walking in the Schanze (in Hamburg) and a nurse called out from a balcony, 'We have two vaccines left over, anybody want one?' so he took one.

I have an appointment at the big center on Eichenstr. for Monday. I do not have access to my previous vaccination records as I had them done ages ago in India and just do not know where the documentation is. Do you think this is a problem? Do they ask for the whole history? The appointment says that

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sie diesen Termin nur wahrnehmen können, wenn Sie (1) vollständig geimpft wurden

I am not sure how I would be able to be prove this.

No, they don't require your whole vaccination life  history.  If you have a yellow Impfpass, bring it and they put the stickers in. You can get one  free at your Hausartz. I think if you don't have one you get a paper record. 

My Impfpass has very few entries as I got it new for this purpose and the nurse just entered the few jabs I've had since being in Germany.

The quote you quoted doesn't make sense, are you sure you haven't missed out a "nicht" i.e. nicht vollständig geimpft? Why would you go for a vax that you've completed .... ?

@Feierabend Thanks for the reply. I will go to the Hausarzt and see if I can get the yellow pass.

I think the quote says make sure your vaccination history is up-to-date? The full quote is:

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sie diesen Termin nur wahrnehmen können, wenn Sie (1) vollständig geimpft wurden und (2) in einem der sechs Berliner Impfzentren geimpft wurden. Für Impfungen beim Haus- oder Betriebsarzt können keine Zertifikate ausgestellt werden. Bitte suchen Sie in diesem Fall eine Apotheke auf.

2 hours ago, xargon said:

@Feierabend Thanks for the reply. I will go to the Hausarzt and see if I can get the yellow pass.

One can also buy it in Apotheke for 1.5€. That's what I did in Hamburg. 

6 hours ago, xargon said:

I think the quote says make sure your vaccination history is up-to-date? The full quote is:

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but this sounds an awful lot like you didn't book an appointment for the Corona vaccination but an appointment for getting the digital vaccination certificate (?). Is that what you wanted? I'm just asking because from what you wrote I think there might have been some misunderstanding.

On 19/06/2021, 22:58:37, Nenette said:

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but this sounds an awful lot like you didn't book an appointment for the Corona vaccination but an appointment for getting the digital vaccination certificate (?). Is that what you wanted? I'm just asking because from what you wrote I think there might have been some misunderstanding.

I realized that :) I havce the appointment for the vaccine now on the 16th :)

If you want a Moderna jab there is "General Availability" right now for 9th of July and 10th of July at Tegel Airport and Erika Hess Eisstadion.

https://impfstoff.link/

Had my second Moderna jab yesterday (which wiped me out unlike the first 😟) and the place definitely had a lot more people than the first time when it wasn’t yet available to the general population. You could also get your QR there in the spot. 

Somehow, I sense a trend that one of the shots will wipe you out, you just don't know which one...

Just now, Metall said:

Somehow, I sense a trend that one of the shots will wipe you out, you just don't kow which one...

I've already had both shots and barely felt anything, if that helps. 

5 minutes ago, Wasteland said:

Same for me, we must have both gotten the Kochsalzlösung.

:lol:

Same thing with my husband. No reaction to either shot. The main thing that I had was exhaustion, which could also be due to the fact that I have a little one at home who just started walking 😅

42 minutes ago, Santitas said:

I have a little one at home who just started walking 😅

Good news, @Santitas, soon s/he should be sleeping longer at naptime and at night. Next comes talking.

10 Not preachy comics that make one think. ideas | comics, comic strips,  cartoonist

Now that the so-called "Kreuzimpfung" is recommended, I'm curious to see how this works out in practice.

In my own case I had my first AstraZeneca jab at my Hausarzt in mid-May, and the second is scheduled at the end of the first week of August, some 12 weeks gap.

However if I switch to an mRNA jab (Biontech/Pfizer or Moderna) this could in theory happen sooner.

Apparently Hausärzte will also have access to these, but does that mean they will most likely stick to the original schedule? Is it possible to switch to an Impfzentrum, assuming slots would be available in July? Or am I required to stick to the original plan?

I will ask at my praxis next week, but it would be good to hear from anyone in a similar situation. I would prefer to be double vaccinated sooner rather than later, and also take advantage of the Kreuzimpfung advantage in the light of the Delta variant.

2 hours ago, john_b said:

I will ask at my praxis next week, but it would be good to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

I'm due for a 2nd AZ shot next Tuesday at the local vaccination centre. I will attend that appointment as after 12 weeks I don't want to wait any longer but will write again here and let you know what was offered/given here in Bayern.

4 hours ago, katheliz said:

Good news, @Santitas, soon s/he should be sleeping longer at naptime and at night. Next comes talking.

10 Not preachy comics that make one think. ideas | comics, comic strips,  cartoonist

Thanks! She’s actually always been a good sleeper. Started sleeping through the night at around 4 or 5 months 😳 The pediatrician looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if I should wake her to feed her 😅

Anyway, back to vaccines in Berlin!

As promised feedback from my 2nd shot at Munich Vaccination centre this afternoon. They were offering the Moderna vaccine as an alternative to a 2nd AstraZeneca if you wanted it, required some form filling. I chose to stay with the AZ one, very quick this time just an id check and go, 20 minutes including the 15 mins rest.:D