Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What rules for a hotel stay in Berlin during Easter?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, It seems that every Bundesland, or even every city seem to follow the rules for Corona restrictions differently. Can anyone please tell me what is the rule about staying at a Hotel in Berlin during Easter. There seem to be a general limitation as to what circumstances are allowed for hotel stay, generally I understood only business travel is allowed but there perhaps are other exemptions?.  I believe during Xmas it was allowed if one was visiting nearest family for example. 

I stayed myself in hotel here in Frankfurt in February when my inconsiderable neighbor was renovating his flat and despite a clear note in renting contract was replacing flooring and i did not wanted to get exposed to asbestos particles ( contract say there is asbestos encapsulated in the floor, why it is prohibited to touch it). At that time I just booked a hotel near my home here in Frankfurt and none even asked a question why I am staying there.

So now we want to visit our daughter who lives in Berlin, we will all get tested ect but it our only chance to see each other since the beginning of pandemic so we are all willing to take a risk.   

32 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

There seem to be a general limitation as to what circumstances are allowed for hotel stay, generally I understood only business travel is allowed but there perhaps are other exemptions?.  I believe during Xmas it was allowed if one was visiting nearest family for example. 

https://www.reisereporter.de/artikel/13285-urlaub-an-ostern-familientreffen-was-ist-erlaubt-was-verboten#hotels

https://www.berliner-kurier.de/ratgeber/totaler-lockdown-zu-ostern-darf-ich-wenigstens-zu-meiner-familie-reisen-li.147963

Wohin kann ich im Inland reisen?

Reisen kann man überall hin, man findet nur keine Unterkunft. Denn Hotels und Ferienwohnungen bleiben auch an Ostern in allen Bundesländern für Touristen geschlossen. Übernachtungen sind weiterhin nur in Sonderfällen gestattet, etwa wenn man beruflich unterwegs ist. In den allermeisten Ländern darf man auch nicht in Hotels übernachten, um Verwandte zu besuchen - nur dann, wenn dafür ein dringender Grund vorliegt. Das gilt auch für Ostern. Die Einzelheiten sind in den Länderverordnungen geregelt.

So for Easter (unlike Xmas) hotels only for business or other "urgent" reasons.  You are allowed to overnight with your daughter if you fall within the 2 household and total number rules.  They encourage people to test before they travel.

On 3/30/2021, 1:24:09, snowingagain said:

So for Easter (unlike Xmas) hotels only for business or other "urgent" reasons.  You are allowed to overnight with your daughter if you fall within the 2 household and total number rules.  They encourage people to test before they travel.

so what qualifies for "urgent reasons" ?

Visting to see dying relative.  German resident returning to work with no accommodation.  House contaminated with asbestos.  You get the drift?  But wanting to stay in a hotel so you can meet up with friends or family, no.  You are allowed to stay with them though, if you are not breaking number or other rules.

What about if I were to have a "Panne" with my motorbike... Would that count?

8 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Visting to see dying relative.  German resident returning to work with no accommodation.  House contaminated with asbestos.  You get the drift?  But wanting to stay in a hotel so you can meet up with friends or family, no.  You are allowed to stay with them though, if you are not breaking number or other rules.

and just how is any of this proven and proven to whom?

so when booking a hotel, neither in a booking process nor in the confirmation I received, there is  information about any restrictions that would apply.  So along the #catjones question: I think  it is in the interest of the hotel not to police it's guests and that the burden of proof is on individual in case any authority bothers to ask...