Americans and Germany

22 posts in this topic

Why are Americans especially on the west coast (California) so obsessed with everything German ? They drive German cars like BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, Volkswagens, they always talk about drinking German beer, going to Oktoberfest, eating sausages, and many of them are a bit overweight or stocky like the stereotypical Bavarian at Oktoberfest. Also, the ones who act like this tend to be a bit obnoxious, its almost as if I'm supposed to see them as demigods just because they drive a Beemer or drink German beer or talk about visiting Germany or have some German ancestry.

For one, most White Americans are mixed and not pure ethnic stock and even Germans themselves are not pure bred, they have Slavic and Celtic ancestry and you can tell just by looking at Germans physical appearance. I've mistaken many Germans for being Polish and many Southern Germans as Northern Italians.

Americans also brag about learning the German language, as if im supposed to care. I'm a chemical engineering student, do I brag about learning advanced mathematics and thermodynamics? Not even close.

Whats even more hilarious is the non-Whites like Hispanics, Blacks, Asians (yes Asians, as in Chinese), Indians, etc doing this. And ive noticed every Murican that drives a German car doesn't use turn signals, and for some reason always has a Christian cross dangling from their BMW. Whats with these Germanophiles and their open religiousity? I'm a free thinker agnostic and don't care to know anyone's religion.

I can go on, for example the Neo Nazi movement in Murica where they dress up as stormtroopers and use the Nazi flag, ive even heard of Mexicans and Asians doing this, :lol:...i suppose we're gonna see non-Whites trying to be like Vikings next (which would be harder, since Scandinavians are far more Nordic than Germans)

So am I supposed to worship Germanness or something, since thats like the cool thing in Murica?

On 3/16/2021, 8:28:17, Fractal Man said:

Why are Americans especially on the west coast (California) so obsessed with everything German

Are they? And if so, why would you care? Or why would we, for that matter?

Post split from: "Really good" Indian restaurants in Berlin

On 2/12/2013, 5:23:48, dessa_dangerous said:

an unfortunate phenomenon in Berlin seems to be that a lot of Indian restaurants write piles and piles of their own reviews. Amar in Falckensteinstraße is one (of many) such places. Any real review is one star, all the fake ones are five stars. Even with their best efforts, though, they still only manage to average two or three stars.

Another problem with "ethnic" food reviews in Berlin is that Germans just don't have any idea what proper Ethiopian or Thai food is supposed to taste like. Pair that with the seemingly nationally shared hatred of anything spicy and you've got a mass of satisfied customers taking to their computers to heartily recommend what a lot of us would consider hardly worth the money. When you need opinions on cake, coffee, a bar, a club, or a German restaurant, you'd do well to ask the resident Germans. But I don't think it's a coincidence that the two most commonly posted-on foodie threads in the Berlin forum are called "Pleeeeeze help me!! Seeking good Mexican/Indian food!"

shut the fuck up, you stupid Euro trash mongrel bitch.  Indians have nothing to prove to stupid german Krauts or White American trash.

Indian culture is over 5000 years old, in fact the Swastika symbol and the word Aryan originate in India. Later stolen by German mongrel trash like your shoe polishing janitor dad.

How much does your janitor dad and maid mom charge to clean toilets and mop floors? All the Hindus I know here in Silicon Valley would employ your low IQ German parents

You could just leave that last post here as bad publicity. He is his own worst enemy. If he kept his face shut we would not know he was such a poor specimen. Clearly not a happy human being. Needs help.

Knowing this sort of vile creature is out there amongst us also has some (limited) value.

Yeah, I plan to leave it here, I split it from the other topic.  Every few months or so he pops up like a bad rash and posts more or less the same gobbeldygook about the ancient Indian civilization and "us" cultureless bastard Krauts.  I was highly entertained to learn that I'm a mongrel with a "shoe polishing janitor dad" wahahaha *wipes tears* :lol:

16 minutes ago, optimista said:

If he kept his face shut we would not know he was such a poor specimen.

I knew who he was from the moment he posted this topic (same language each time he opens a new account), but we do still need Friday threads every once in a while, even on a Tuesday. 

I sense a few things here.

A VPN, an existing user with a second account. and a very small penis, no, sorry, mind.

No, it's a penis.. Only a small penis would bother to create a second account to insult people on an internet forum. 

Imagine, they're sitting at home with all the lights on as they are scared of shadows, the dark, the fridge, what was that noise? Oh no, the monsters are coming, They have tape measures, they want to measure the penis, they eat them, his is so small, not even a snack, the monsters are going to be very angry...

I think the funniest thing is that he thinks Germans sit around in Germany and talk about Germany--in English.

Because that's what people in other countries do.  Sit around talking to each other in English. This guy has never left the USA and wants to school us about cultural refinement :lol:

Just now, dessa_dangerous said:

I think the funniest thing is that he thinks Germans sit around in Germany and talk about Germany--in English.

Because that's what people in other countries do.  Sit around talking to each other in English. This guy has never left the USA and wants to school us about cultural refinement :lol:

It's been known for years that english is actually a recessive gene that can be triggered by anyone else within earshot speaking the language.

Not just on earth, but the universe wide.

TV says so, which is where this someone has spent most of their time. Hell, being on the internet is their way of getting out and about. In a way, we are like social workers who come along and drag them out of the house for fresh air, they walk out in their dirty sweat pants, complaining about the sun and how the grass will eat them and how the squirrels are after their nuts, because they like really small nuts... You have to watch your nuts if there's squirrels about...

16 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Some anagrams to amuse us:

Flatcar Man
Tarmac Flan
Mr Anal Fact

And as we are in Germany a new street name perhaps:

Am Clan Fart

He will now forever be known to me as Mr Anal Flan Fart.

Thanks for that Murph!

On 17/03/2021, 00:36:26, TampaFL said:

Those are good cars. Beer is not too bad either.

Agree on both counts

Oh, does somebody need a dick transplant?

Or, to rephrase a movie - the OP's (ah, the alt's) Native name is Dances With No Balls. :D :D

(BTW, there's a Navajo channel on Youtube where they tell all sorts of jokes, one of them being fake Native names for the Capitol Hill insurrectionists. ;) )

19 minutes ago, Metall said:

Oh, does somebody need a dick transplant?

Or, to rephrase a movie - the OP's (ah, the alt's) Native name is Dances With No Balls. :D :D

(BTW, there's a Navajo channel on Youtube where they tell all sorts of jokes, one of them being fake Native names for the Capitol Hill insurrectionists. ;) )

Maybe we should call them 'Ken'.. 

I always thought that was were the whole 'putting a shrimp on the barbie' thing came from... (referring to the very small fresh water variety)..

@Murphy: you got 'em rolling in the aisles with that one. Absolutely spiffing!!! Humour is back on TT at last. Took an arsehole to get the troops laughing. Where would we be without flatulent fractals? Space for everyone on TT.