Travel to the uk - day 2 and 8 covid testing

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone been to the UK in the last few weeks. I have to go because of an emergency.

It seems that you have to book 2 covid tests upfront (for day 2 and 8) and provide a reference number.

I am returning to Germany before Day  before day 8, and also the UK.GOV website offer a list ok providers

but the first few links are broken.

Anyone had any experience recently.

Matt

No experience. But it is an absolutely totally immoral scandal that you have to stump up upwards of 200 quid for these tests - from private providers. It is sadly illustrative of the present shambolic government's ability to get their act together and run the country. I wonder who exactly is cashing in - big time - from this?

Yeah - I hate the way they hand it to private companies to cash in.

200 pounds is even just for a postal test, which you can get elsewhere for 40pounds.

However you have to use one from the supplier list - to get a reference code for the flight*

It's as if the government were delaying the travel ban until they worked out a way 

for their mates to cash in.

*I imagine you could just write down any code and nobody would check, but I won't do that

On 11/03/2021, 3:55:08, MattW said:

Hi,

Has anyone been to the UK in the last few weeks. I have to go because of an emergency.

It seems that you have to book 2 covid tests upfront (for day 2 and 8) and provide a reference number.

I am returning to Germany before Day  before day 8, and also the UK.GOV website offer a list ok providers

but the first few links are broken.

Anyone had any experience recently.

Matt

Antigen or PCR test before leaving to UK+ Day2/8 PCR + Day5 optional PCR to not quarantine+anzigen or PCR  to return + Day5 optional antigen or PCR test in germany to not quarantine. Free choice of provider in Germany and in uk government chums service providers who charge a competitive 120 quid or so.

7 hours ago, optimista said:

Could well be the Cambridge Crony Club. Indeed.

The profile of the CEO tells you it's all about business first.

https://www.oncologica.com/about-us/our-team/patrick-d-downey

Lets say there are approx 30000 visitors each day entering uk by air,sea that have to take these tests. Out of 20 or so government chum service providers. Each getting 1500 new travellers by law who have to use their services or to take a pcr test for 120 quid x2 test so in my calculation easily making 180,000 quid  day on these tests with a whopping profit margin of course the players in his want to keep this racket going for as long possible. Donating this to nhs would be more ethical imo 

It's mindboggling how much they must be creaming off desperate travellers. Totally unethical.

Just be thankful you are not in the group they lock away under guard in the covid hotels (ahem, prisons) and charge £1750 (around 2000 Euros) for the priviledge, paid to private companies:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55995645#:~:text=Travellers%20having%20to%20stay%20in,from%2033%20red%20list%20countries. if you come from

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-measures-to-protect-the-uk-from-variant-strains-of-covid-19#red-list-travel-ban-countries

Seriously, how many people will go through this hell? Seems to be countries of Africa and South America, which is likely why they get away with this.

Unfortunately the cases in German rise again now they open again kinder gardens and people return to work.