Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

starting UG "nach Musterprotokoll"

4 posts in this topic

In addition to my normal work. I want to start UG with my partner.  We are not sure if it will work out so we want to start cheap that iis why it's "nach Musterprotokoll"

We are startinig UG with

50/50 Gesellschafter anteil

1 Geschaeftsführer 

I have some questions here
1) Can it be at some point problematic that there can be only one Geschaeftsführer when starting UG with Musterprotokoll

2) Do I need to contract myself with the company in any mean in order to do activities there? From what I understand I can work for my UG and as Gesellschafter I have right to 50% of company income. Is it correct? Or I need to regulatte somehow my activity? 

1. A Musterprotokoll simply means using a standard template agreement to keep lawyer fees down. Directors and people running a company are not automatically the same as the owners.

2. If you are working for your UG then yes you should have a work contract. It is not assumed that you as an owner will be working there. If you want to be paid for working there, yes you need a work contract. You can’t just take earnings out of the company to pay for your living expenses (that goes for the directors too, you have a specific Geschäftsführervertrag to regulate that).

However, I would recommend that if you’re both going to be working on it, you would both be registered as directors. Otherwise one of you will simply be a normal employee which you may want to avoid. Either way, it sounds like you should speak to a lawyer about the regulations of business ownership in Germany, because I don’t think you understand the implications.

Thnx for response.

regarding p 2. We both with my partner want to work for UG but we don't wan't to withdraw money from UG. We want first to see if it works and if we build an amount > 20k we think what to do next. So I need to have a contract earning 0 ? Or can simply work without it and think about the contract after I see company earns money?

I have an UG. The first few months I drew no salary nor was I obligated to do so. Even when I started taking monthly salary I never wrote or signed a contact, I basically just informed my tax attorney how much money Nett I wished to receive. However when I hired an employee I had to write a contact between him and the company.