Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

COVID test center at Duesseldorf Airport

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I am planning on flying to the UK on Friday (evening) 11th June to see my parents, as my dad has dementia, and I haven’t seen them since December 2019.

I went to my local GP in Essen today and asked them about a COVID test before I fly.

My local GP said that they could do the COVID test themselves for me, but that they can’t promise the results being ready in time.

They therefore suggested I check out the COVID test center at Duesseldorf Airport as a possible alternative.

Has anyone got experience of using the COVID test center at Duesseldorf Airport?

Do I have to:

e.g.

• go there 2-3 days beforehand, and do the  test?

• Can i pick up the test results  on the Friday afternoon,  just before I fly?

All and any practical advice very welcome!!!!!

Bear in mind that the test results need to be in English, French or Spanish.  That has precluded me getting mine done at the local GP.  I seem to have struck lucky, there's a centre in the next town offering tests, so I've booked there, having checked the results will be in English.  I only saw them by chance, advertising in the local free paper.

According to the gov.uk page you also need evidence of two further tests booked in the 10 day window that you have to quarantine in the UK.

Good luck.

Its from a lab named centogene.  You may do online registration beforehand to save time . Then go there any time during their opening  hours. No appointments  are needed. Approx 15min for the tests. In 24 hours results will be uploaded to our online account. If you need your passports  number on the result,  you need to pay some 10euro extra.

The above information  is based on my experience more than a month ago. Please check their website for current  information 

50 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

Its from a lab named centogene.  You may do online registration beforehand to save time . Then go there any time during their opening  hours. No appointments  are needed. Approx 15min for the tests. In 24 hours results will be uploaded to our online account. If you need your passports  number on the result,  you need to pay some 10euro extra.

The above information  is based on my experience more than a month ago. Please check their website for current  information 

excellent, thank you so much

4 hours ago, batchfile said:

Bear in mind that the test results need to be in English, French or Spanish.  That has precluded me getting mine done at the local GP.  I seem to have struck lucky, there's a centre in the next town offering tests, so I've booked there, having checked the results will be in English.  I only saw them by chance, advertising in the local free paper.

According to the gov.uk page you also need evidence of two further tests booked in the 10 day window that you have to quarantine in the UK.

Good luck.

Hi,

does anyone know if the citizen 'schnelltests' would be ok for UK entry. My local test center gives the result in english as well, but its unclear if it would be OK. I've paid for day 2 UK tests already so want to avoid a paid PCR test in Germany as well. Here is an example of what it looks like ... any tips?

Cheers

Screenshot 2021-08-20 143533.jpg

I had a similar one when visiting the Uk and it was fine. They only glanced at it.

however, this one does not give specificity and sensitivity, nor the test producer. That might be an issue, but I would be surprised.

my test certificate was 2 pages, and the second page had the small print.