Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

changing ink in a printer

8 posts in this topic

My printer says I need to replace the ink in it , but when I check I see that only the black ink cartridge is empty. The other 3 cartridges are pretty full. These are other colours such as yellow. So why cant I tell my printer to use these first before buying a black ink cartridge? 

Some brands and models of printers allow you to keep printing black text if one of the colours runs out.

If it's the black that's empty then you'll have to replace it because it's used for both text and images (which is the reason it usually runs out before the others). Printers generally won't print text using just cyan, magenta and yellow.

It's often possible to buy high-capacity, non-original ink cartridges - which is worth it if you print a lot of text documents.

On 3.3.2021, 18:53:44, colincostello said:

My printer says I need to replace the ink in it , but when I check I see that only the black ink cartridge is empty. The other 3 cartridges are pretty full. These are other colours such as yellow. So why cant I tell my printer to use these first before buying a black ink cartridge? 

Because the hardware is just the vector for ink and printer ink is where the money is.

Sometimes in the ink packet, the black color catridge is XL or are 02, if you get a good deal

On 3.3.2021, 18:53:44, colincostello said:

Because this is why:

https://images7.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED555/5d77ef4412eca.jpeg

It may be worth considering buying a new printer , maybe an Epson as you can order new cartrige  sets of ink on EBay for next to nothing. My neighbour used to buy  sets of 4 cartriges very small ones for his printer and they cost over €45. Then I looked  for a printer for him where you can buy cheap inks. ( 20 XXLfor around  €17, choosing which colour you want,  inclusive postage ). Before buying it is important to check if you can get cheap ink for it. .

I love the short video above. I can relate to so many of those problems.  For example , my printer says that there is no paper , but I can clearly see there is.

I will wait until the library reopens and get them to print for me.. It is so stress free. Changing the ink cartridge just fills me with dread. I am always afraid that I will damage something.