Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

what phone do I need for vaccination proof?

9 posts in this topic

So I got my first jab the other day and will get the second jab in a few weeks. So how can I use this to get back to Berlin? All the talk seems to involve having a smart phone. I do not have one as yet. I would  rather not have one but if this is the best way to get back into Berlin , then so be it. I want the simplest around. Hopefully a pay as you go. Maybe a secong hand one.  Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

It will be a very complicated future without smartphone... now even door locks are opened with smartphones!

Just get some cheap new or used Android phone. Get a data package from a pre-paid provider or even better... connect it to a Wifi and you don't even need a SIM card. Now thinking of it, if you don't have a smartphone, it is likely you also don't have wifi...

Anyway, you will need help setting it up and installing apps. Perhaps a relative or someone at a smartphone shop.

Aiports and train stations usually have free wifi.  Aside from getting a month to month data plan, Fonic has a plan that costs you 2€ a day but only for the days you use it so you can turn on your mobile data just when you need it, otherwise leave it off.  If you leave it on all the time, it has a max of 20€ per month.

I am guessing you are in the UK at the moment as you said you are trying to get back to Berlin

I thought only UK residents would get the vaccine

As far as I know, the UK has no phone vaccine proof system at this time

So unless you can get proof of vaccination in the uk, via a bit of papier, then, it's like you have not been vaccinated

But I know people, who travel between the UK and Germany, and it's not a problem, without having been vaccinated, you just need to take a couple of virus tests and self isolate when you get back to Berlin, unless I am wrong about your circumstances, you can just book a flight, do the tests and not bother with a mobile phone.

All I got was a small card saying that I had been vaccinated. This is unlikely to be accepted as proof.

I am more than happy to self isolate if I have to. So that leaves the question of the tests. I must take them before I fly otherwise the airlines might not allow me to board. Is this correct?

12 minutes ago, colincostello said:

I must take them before I fly otherwise the airlines might not allow me to board. Is this correct?

You need negative test AND you must also register online before travel at  www.einreiseanmeldung.de  This is not working at the moment!  Airline will not let you fly without these.

https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/coronavirus

Did you manage to find out which documents you need to prove residency?  To be allowed to enter Germany?