Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This neverending lockdown has given me the blues...

34 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, knotheadusc said:

I do okay with vocals.

That's quite an understatement!

You're flipping marvellous!

1 minute ago, kiplette said:

You're flipping marvellous!

That's quite an understatement!

Spent six months in Etchmiadzin setting up the printshop in the Kloster, a fun time indeed and I went back a while ago to Yerevan setting up another printshop.

Great fun and great memories indeed.

11 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Hope you dont mind.. but I forwarded your vid to a well known prroducer friend of mine... 

May I ask a favour?  Can you do a cover of "Dance like you've never been hurt"... Mark wills...

I don't know that song, but I'll look and see if it's feasible to try it.  

LOL... I just checked, and that video is #1 of all of my videos this week.  YouTube gives you a little fireworks gif when that happens!

Thanks for checking it out, y'all.  My morning has gotten off to a pretty rotten start on account of my clumsiness.  For the second time in a week, I fell down and skinned both my knees.

12 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I forwarded your vid to a well known producer friend of mine... 

Well, that was a bit forward of you :P Mr. Epstein.

I feel a rise to fame coming on. As long as she stays off the booze and lets her knees heel. (Anybody seen my coat?)

Does the OP do autographs?

Did I mention my connection to Wynton Marsallis?

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Well, that was a bit forward of you :P Mr. Epstein.

I feel a rise to fame coming on. As long as she stays off the booze and lets her knees heel. (Anybody seen my coat?)

Does the OP do autographs?

Did I mention my connection to Wynton Marsallis?

The sad thing is, I was completely sober when I fell.  When my husband leaves town, I try to stay away from the sauce.  That's another reason I've got the blues.

Sauce or not.. a saucy recording!👍

Beautiful country voice!👍

AND gorgeous dogs❤️...

On 2/28/2021, 9:06:03, SpiderPig said:
14 minutes ago, john g. said:

Sauce or not.. a saucy recording!👍

Beautiful country voice!👍

AND gorgeous dogs❤️...

Thanks very much!  I enjoyed doing it.  I found another I will do... since I have 12 more nights alone.  I miss those two dogs a lot, too... they were very special.  One of them is my avatar here.

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

Erm, they WERE very special?😩.

Yes... unfortunately, both are at the Rainbow Bridge.  :(

We had MacGregor when we were here the first time.  And we had Zane until 2019.  But of all the dogs we've rescued, they have hit it off the best.  They really had very little trouble with each other, after the first few weeks.  Our dog Arran, who had several years with Zane, and eventually was not friends with Zane, isn't all that welcoming to Noyzi.  He's still a wonderful dog, though.  Just jealous and insecure.

I miss having dogs who are buddies.  Zane and Arran were buddies for awhile, until Zane got cancer and Arran decided to try to be the boss.  When Zane was feeling well, he would kick Arran's ass.  It didn't sit well with him... so now he wants to be the boss of poor Noyzi, who will certainly outlive him.  Arran is about 12 and Noyzi is 2. 

:(
I am sad to hear that. But happy to hear you are a dog lover. They are really „ something else“❤️

My avatar is ( was😒) Max, a local dog who was being mistreated. Unfortunately, we had to have him put down a couple of years ago. It still breaks our hearts but his traumatic early years meant he was liable to bite. We miss him terribly. And, yes , we have our remorse. But the risk was there he could bite a child. He bit adults- not cool but if he had bitten a child...

We have and have had other dogs ( rescue dogs ) but Max is still the avatar here. Bless his soul.

I hope he will forgive us the next time we meet ( and we will ). Dogs have a soul and we are soul mates.👍

PS: where do you rescue dogs?

On 2/28/2021, 12:15:39, bramble said:

Lovely voice and lovely dogs. :) Long daily walks with the dogs is keeping me sane. But I'm pretty good anyway with being on my own. 

Most of the dogs we have rescued have come from the American South.   Three from Virginia/Maryland... one from Georgia (Zane) and one from North Carolina (Arran).  Noyzi is from Kosovo.  About a year ago, we tried to adopt a dog from Sardinia, but we had a tragedy before he got to us.  But at this point, I really think we were meant to take Noyzi, who is totally different. 

I just made a new video starring Noyzi.  Last fall, just after he came to live with us, he tore a huge hole in the already holey flyscreen on our door.  We just replaced it with a new screen and Noyzi was really scared of it, at first (and kinda still).  I filmed him trying to figure it out and it occurred to me that it might fit well with a Beth Nielsen Chapman song, "I Keep Coming Back to You", so I decided to pair Noyzi's attempts to master the new screen with a new song.  Keep in mind, I'm a total amateur, especially at making videos.  :D

Here's the end result...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtoZYbrp0hM