Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

German health insurance & social security contributions off UK income

1 post in this topic



I have income both from a UK job, and from a job in Germany. The German employer has deducted health and social security contributions ignoring the income I had from the UK employer. However, the UK employer has now decided that I ought to have paid German health and social security contributions off the income they paid me, as I am resident in Germany. (Previously they had just been charging me national insurance etc.)


Is my UK employer correct? At present, I have already had the maximum possible amount deducted by my German employer, so I really should not have to pay anything extra. But I can believe it is possible that I might have to pay something to the UK employer and then claim the same amount back from my German employer. Is this right? How do the contributions get split between the two, when above the maximum salary for contributions?


Thanks in advance,




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0